Weapon characteristics & other suggestions.

Solaris_Wave

@Solaris_Wave I didnt realised still i watched this analyse, once a enemy gets hit & die with a weapon in his hands, the weapon disappears within less then a second just like a ghost which i didnt liked it but its still not a big deal. Would be better though if all enemies would drop they weapons when they die and the weapon should be next to them, unless they die from a explosion or inside the water.

Thinking about it, even if the weapons couldn't be picked up, why not have it so the weapon model falls to the ground and stays there? It could simply be a weapon model to show the remnants of combat, along with the debris and blood. It might be better having such an object on the ground, even if it couldn't be picked up. Then, once the sector is left, such an object could either remain or be removed (depending on available system RAM), if you ever returned to the sector.

I am hoping that building destruction will remain if you return to that sector, so why not other things?

7 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if the entire forum was one guy, on 20 different accounts? 😆

Look at him go, digging up his own old threads and bumping them up to the top. Look at him go 😆

They all share very similar opinions, they all use a merc head as their profile pic...

Of course the only proof of alts I have so far is Solaris Wave and agris. Will I find more?

March 22nd was the last post on this thread before it got bumped very conviniently by @LoboNocturno

Makes you wonder...

Edited by Woody

1 hour ago, LoboNocturno said:

the bodies should stay for a while a week or 2 so they can get rooten (may in 2 or 3 different stages, back in JA2 the bodies were getting more rooten by time)

It seems to me bodies were staying 2 or 3 days before disappearing, to have them for a week or more is a bit long.

Still having the bodies for 1 day or 1 month would not change much...

4 hours ago, Woody said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if the entire forum was one guy, on 20 different accounts? 😆

"Cogito ergo sum"

What if the entire world is just and only me? How can I be sure I really am?

This thread is turning philosophical! 🙂

I would like to ask the developers about the aftermath of battle, how much stays and for how long. That was always a great feature of JA2 how you could return to a sector and see the effects of your battle.

I am not sure what Developer Diary that would fit into?

• 2 weeks later...

I have only seen a few authentic weapon names so far. Some guns are easier to correctly name as licenses don't always have to be considered.

If any of the guns can't have authentic names due to licensing requirements, then it might come down to modding the correct names in afterwards.

• Like 1

It doesn't say exactly what MP5 model it is (although judging by the photo, it looks like an MP5A5), so they might have been able to get away with just calling it 'MP5'. However, some games can't even have that, so that image is promising. I find fake gun names take me out of the experience when playing them.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 9:23 PM, Solaris_Wave said:

It doesn't say exactly what MP5 model it is (although judging by the photo, it looks like an MP5A5), so they might have been able to get away with just calling it 'MP5'. However, some games can't even have that, so that image is promising. I find fake gun names take me out of the experience when playing them.

Current COD doesn't even have license name to use MP5 or AK47.
They call them "Lachmann Sub" or "Kastov 762"

I don't mind that - but a simple community mod for weapon names would be easy.
This way you don't have licensing issues...