Zombie Mode

Image Miroir

41 minutes ago, vaizzz said:

It makes no sense "zombie mode" at the start of the game. The development of the game in the future may add the craziest mods, but it's better the game will be released on time.

It probably won't affect anything at the start of the game. Like Sci-Fi mode in JA2, it probably won't rear its head until halfway through.

9 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I think at this point, everybody knows that @Lunokhod is the forum's official Morale Officer. Either that or he is part of some Psy Ops unit, recruited by a rival games publisher to deter anybody from wanting to play JA3 and for Haemimont to even want to finish making the game.

…rather a runaway employee from a st.Petersburg troll factory working remotely.

Definitely not good for morale and questionable morals, but quite religious - invokes the name of our lord and savior Jesus Christ a lot.

Delusional agent provocateur believing he owns the IP of JA

Court jester out of time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

recruited by a rival games publisher to deter anybody from wanting to play JA3 and for Haemimont to even want to finish making the game.

One person cant ruin everything, even someone as cool as me. If they tried to make the game good, there would be already 200 people here with positive reviews. Where is everyone after closed beta?

1 hour ago, TopGunther said:

…rather a runaway employee from a st.Petersburg troll factory

Wow! U know alot about me. ^__^

1 hour ago, TopGunther said:

Court jester out of time

🤡

I wouldn't mind optional sci-fi mode, but not zombies or bugs. Bugs were in JA2 and zombies have been done to (un)death a myriad times.

I'd prefer facing more solitary opponents with inhuman strengths and abilities. Something like Xenomorph or Predator...the kind that will have your mercs huddled together, afraid to go round the corner.

Edited by Sarin

On 5/1/2023 at 7:24 AM, Lunokhod said:

Where is everyone after closed beta?

I would imagine people that took part in the closed beta are under NDA. The videos we've seen recently from reviewers are just early preview copies and not part of the closed beta. Just sayin...

Edited by DougS2K

28 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

I would imagine people that took part in the closed beta are under NDA. The videos we've seen recently from reviewers are just early preview copies and not part of the closed beta. Just sayin...

…one wouldn’t want to breach Austrian law

• Like 1

I think you have to be congruent. You can't invoke the "spirit of JA" to say "you have to make it like this because it was part of the original JA" and at the same time consider SciFi mode shouldn't be part of the game. As it was part of Jagged Alliance 2.

Either you consider the structure of the game should be respected, or you don't.

You can say, "I want it because, I want it", but then percentage to hit or any other X-Com influence is no less legitimate. So, don't argue "it was in previous JA" if you don't support it all.

SciFi was part of JA, therefore part of the success of the game. That you enjoyed it or not. Moreso, refusing options is the best way to smother it in some radical inbreeding.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:48 PM, Lunokhod said:

I never seen a single person who like this mode.

This.

I played sci-fi mode the very first time I played Jagged Alliance 2 and I never did so again. Every other time I replayed this game (which happened too many times for me to count over the past quarter of a century) I opted for realism.

Edited by Frank

12 hours ago, Frank said:

Every other time I replayed this game (which happened too many times for me to count over the past quarter of a century) I opted for realism.

The proof there are different kinds of Jagged Alliance players for 30 years.

For me Sci-Fi mode is not a priority, I think getting other parts of the game right is more important.

I would guess a maximum of 15% of my started playthroughs of JA2 is in SF-mode. Actual choose SF-mode whit my latest 1.13+AR play. But once the bugs show up, all focus is kinda dropped from the other aspects of the game until you have solved the problem (killed the crepitus). So overall I am not really a big fan of how it was implemented. Would prefear if the extra stuff that is added was a bit more spread out over the playthrough.

Wouldn't mind if it was implemented though as it could mix things up depending on what changes it would bring.

• Like 1

I agree about the Sci-Fi mode. I had it activated for my first play-through of the game because I didn't know what it was and the instruction manual was tempting you to find out. It was certainly a surprise when, during the game, my militia guarding the airport said it was under attack from strange creatures. It was a fun night time battle but as @Hendrix was saying, once they arrived, they became the main focus of JA2. The Sci-Fi mode also gave rise to overpowered items such as the Rocket Rifles, and Royal Jelly to harden armour even more.

I liked what Sci-Fi mode brought to the game on the surface of it but it just became annoying. Also going after the bug queen was so not fun needing to either cheese the encounter or bring dump trucks of ammo that it wasn't entertaining in a tactical sense.

The NPCs elements (like the wheelchair guy) and the robot though were cool additions though. Something like this I could see as a DLC but would take too much focus away from the core game to be in at launch.

1 hour ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Yeah, that bug Queen was one tough enemy to fight! I had to do a lot of saving and loading to avoid having my mercs killed.

I never made it to the queen in the one time I went after her the, "traditional" way. I ran out of ammo half way to her and all I brought was HP ammo which was the most effective against them. The other alternatives are to use the robot or the smell camo which makes the whole thing too easy.

2 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Yeah, that bug Queen was one tough enemy to fight! I had to do a lot of saving and loading to avoid having my mercs killed.

58 minutes ago, Xeth Nyrrow said:

I ran out of ammo half way to her and all I brought was HP ammo which was the most effective against them.

The entire team with minigun in full-auto fire mode and hollow points rounds and it was quite easy.

The, "minigun" wasn't the vulcan type seen in movies but rather a different one that still fired an impressive 6 rounds at a time.

47 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

The entire team with minigun in full-auto fire mode and hollow points rounds and it was quite easy.

Yeah if I had one at the time, LOL. I was mid game when I tried it and I maybe had one top end AR.

I tried to mod the minigun so it fired much more than six rounds at a time but it didn't work. I think that six was the game's limit. I also wanted to mod the G11 so it had a faster burst fire rate than full-auto (to match the real thing) but I couldn't do that either.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

2 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

The minigun wasn't in vanilla JA2, was it?

It was not.

2 hours ago, Xeth Nyrrow said:

The, "minigun" wasn't the vulcan type seen in movies but rather a different one that still fired an impressive 6 rounds at a time.

Are you referring to a light machine gun? There were three of those, IIRC. One of them had "mini" in its name (the Minimi), which is about as close as any got to a minigun.

3 hours ago, Stuurminator said:

Are you referring to a light machine gun? There were three of those, IIRC. One of them had "mini" in its name (the Minimi), which is about as close as any got to a minigun.

Yes that one, I think the confusion comes from that...including my own. The M134 is the, "Minigun" that people refer to usually but the term, "minigun" is rather vague and could be applied to many things:

M134 Minigun