Firearms Expert Reacts To JA’s Guns

SWi74

Just found out about this guy on YouTube - Jonathan Ferguson on the GameSpot channel. He comments on the guns in games and the videos are pretty neat.

Do you think we can get him to talk about guns in JA? If we suggested a game (as they encourage you to do in his videos) in the comments enough times (all 4 of us 😄).

It could be good exposure for the sequel and also would make a good episode... I've seen only 1st person shooter games covered, but who knows, maybe if he's come across a JA game in the past.

Also found the All The Guns in Jagged Alliance 2 video on YouTube, which was fun, even if no expert makes the comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarin said:

My guess is he'd fly into a rage after seeing how JA2 treats the varieties of Eastern Bloc 7.62mm ammunition.

Haha! I've been spoiled with 1.13 and forgot about the Warsaw Pact 7.62 from standard JA2. 🤣

Even so, Jagged Alliance had some interesting weapons for a small pc game from 1999. 

Nice. I never thought I'd consider sincerely starting a comment with the good old "This will probably get lost in the comments, but" line 😄

8 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Should we maybe post the suggestion on the same video

I don't think commenting on the same video would produce a better result. I commented on the CS video as it touches on some older game mechanics and limitations as well as the EXACT topic we talked about on here (tactical vs empty reloads in games).

I imagine the only chance of success (assuming someone in the channel reads all comments) is if the guy played it at some point, which is not impossible given his age, field of expertise and obvious gaming habits going back to the CS 1.6 era.

21 minutes ago, SWi74 said:

I imagine the only chance of success (assuming someone in the channel reads all comments) is if the guy played it at some point, which is not impossible given his age, field of expertise and obvious gaming habits going back to the CS 1.6 era.

I feel younger thinking about CS pre-source engine!!

Apart from "online" back when I found the bear's pit and 1.13, I had never even heard of anyone I knew who even had knowledge of that game.

I myself had picked that game up from the discount bin in very early 2000's. Chances are a heavy gamer might have a fleeting memory of a magazine article, or a demo?

I had figured if we like our comments on the videos, the comment becomes more popular, maybe helping find other JA players in those comments.

🙄 to think of trying to gain traction for JA3 by commenting about JA2 on YouTube. What's wrong with us? 🤣

• Like 1

Well it was always a long shot.

But I think a series talking about guns in games must include a JA2 mention even if lost in the comments somewhere... so no regrets there 😄 would have commented even without the forum.

To be honest I think marketing should be pushing for similar promotion. I can't say they are doing much. I found out about JA3 by seeing an IGN article thumbnail "Everything Announced at THQ Event"... I wouldn't even stop scrolling if had I not known that JA rights are with THQ. I don't like anything else they have. I thought "oooh, maybe they would decide to give JA another go, let's see the announced titles real quick" and there it was...

No wonder the community is so slim.

3 hours ago, SWi74 said:

To be honest I think marketing should be pushing for similar promotion. I can't say they are doing much. I found out about JA3 by seeing an IGN article thumbnail "Everything Announced at THQ Event"... I wouldn't even stop scrolling if had I not known that JA rights are with THQ. I don't like anything else they have. I thought "oooh, maybe they would decide to give JA another go, let's see the announced titles real quick" and there it was...

No wonder the community is so slim.

I'm not even certain how I found out about it. I think it just happened to be somewhere in YouTube because Jagged Alliance is a term I've used a few times here and there. It's being covered "extensively" by the Bear's Pit facebook.. but I found that out AFTER finding JA3 reveal video.. as I seldom visit facebook.

I think a few more ppl came to these forums, but so far, there's been no input from the devs. So.. no answers or promotion from them on steam, social media or discord and family to come join their own forums. Maybe they figure that while they are on vacation, these forums would populate and it would give them plenty to look at when they get back to work?

At this point, as much as I enjoy visiting and posting here... as you mentionned earlier, this forum will die out. It's already toned down so much.

Yep. Can't say they are doing great with the marketing. Shouldn't have opened this forum if they weren't ready to contribute to it. People are free to use their own forums like discord and steam and not expect dev input. This one however does require some official representation in order to exist.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/7/2021 at 8:58 AM, GODSPEED said:

I feel younger thinking about CS pre-source engine!!

Apart from "online" back when I found the bear's pit and 1.13, I had never even heard of anyone I knew who even had knowledge of that game.

I myself had picked that game up from the discount bin in very early 2000's. Chances are a heavy gamer might have a fleeting memory of a magazine article, or a demo?

I had figured if we like our comments on the videos, the comment becomes more popular, maybe helping find other JA players in those comments.

🙄 to think of trying to gain traction for JA3 by commenting about JA2 on YouTube. What's wrong with us? 🤣

I'd played extensive multiplayer sessions of Jagged alliance : Deadly games in the mid 90s

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, RedFox said:

I'd played extensive multiplayer sessions of Jagged alliance : Deadly games in the mid 90s

When I was in elementary school... around grade 5 or 6, there were two guys in one of my classes that would discuss their Jagged Alliance games. But I didn't really know the game at that time. It's an old memory that surfaced recently.

Only time I ever encountered JA gamers.

• 1 year later...