Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jagged Alliance 3 in GameStar preview.

Wigen

It should be noted that at least 3 - 4 months before the premiere of, for example, the KoH game, THQ Nordic entered the full marketing hype, as in the case of Biomutant. It also has to be taken into account.

It should also be noted that with both examples we have a couple of years between the announcement trailer and the final release date.

I just hope things go a bit faster with JA3. We're patient, sure, but waiting for 3 or 4 more years? That would be too much.

• Sad 2

In the future, we’ll be posting regular DevDiaires to give a unique behind-the-scenes perspective of how we’re building this game to be a true successor for a beloved franchise.

The only thing we are waiting for are answers to some of the FAQ questions from Haemimont Games. This should be followed by the successive addition of DevDiary by THQ. And that's it. πŸ™‚

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 2

As you can see, each developer has a different approach to communicating progress on the game and this has to be respected. πŸ™‚ Another gives earlier and the other later.

Edited by Wigen

On 10/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, LXant said:

I just hope things go a bit faster with JA3. We're patient, sure, but waiting for 3 or 4 more years? That would be too much.

The Announcement Trailer had a CGI short movie and some gameplay.. I'm guessing (really just a guess on my part) that they already have all the underlying mechanics in place and they are creating the different locations, details and questlines.

Usually, games get a very early CGI reveal (3-5 years before release) to announce itself and create some buzz around it.

Gameplay reveal usually comes when they've nailed down most elements of the game (1-3 years ?).

In my own mind, I would like this to be an early-mid 2022 release, but I would imagine something closer to 2023.
Β 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, Wigen said:

As you can see, each developer has a different approach to communicating progress on the game and this has to be respected. πŸ™‚ Another gives earlier and the other later.

I think they are playing it "safe" by keeping a little quiet about this game. They must realize the game has a little bit of a cult following (yes, I am part of the Cult of Deidranna okay!!? 🀣 ..we hoard guns and take turns slapping someone called Elliot).. so, maybe keeping quiet is actually the better way to control the fans that would turn things too negative? After all, just that Trailer Reveal has created a stir and a buzz in the JA world.. so it doens't take much to get us going.

I might be overthinking that.. and they are simply not at the stage of releasing more info as you said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, Acid said:

What's a bit deflating is the lack of commentary from the developers in here.

The CTO of Haemimont Games a month ago assured that communication on the forum will be revived over time.Β I trust that they will keep their word πŸ™‚

Or maybe there will be a representative of the community from THQ Nordic.

Edited by Wigen

On 10/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, GODSPEED said:

Oh jeez... tell me about it!

πŸ˜‘

When you talk Turn-Based games and they say xcom and you think they are talking Apocalypse.. and they have no idea what that is.. and then you try to explain the beauty of JA2... and they are just like: "have you played Divinity Original Sin 2?"

sigh

If these guys botch JA3... we'll need to join forces.. 9mm + 7.62x39mm before anyone else ever attempts another failure.
[seriously, to anyone reading that; it is a JOKE!!!...I have no violent tendencies other than in JA2!!!!!!]

I love JA2. I am 51, so I played Jagged Alliance 1 in law school and JA2 as a young lawyer. So I am an OG fan. But I also like new new Xcom and DOS2, as well. And both Pathfinder games... gotta take our turn-based tactical wins where we can find them.Β 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Paladin07 said:

I love JA2. I am 51, so I played Jagged Alliance 1 in law school and JA2 as a young lawyer. So I am an OG fan. But I also like new new Xcom and DOS2, as well. And both Pathfinder games... gotta take our turn-based tactical wins where we can find them.Β 

Hey, those aren't bad games at all!

I just think the layering and freedom found in some of the more complex tactical games is missing and/or lacking in many modern remakes/reworks/re-imaginings.

I believe it is mostly to appeal to a bigger audience through the use of multiple platform options; thus, the more controlled and linear approach.