Getting tired of this silence!

GODSPEED

5 hours ago, Wigen said:

Unfortunately, there was not enough time to edit the post.

Thank you @Wigen!

Sincerely, I appreciate the time you take to relay back to us the information you gather. I don't follow much social or discussion places.. and I always look forward to whatever information you provide here.

🍻

I think they should hire you to help them out, because you do a great job at it 🙂

With that information you mention, I'm happy to hear they are working hard on this. Gives a little bit of hope... although, it's like you mentionned; how hard can it be to simply give this information on their own official community website?

Ah well, it is what it is. They probably figure a single word here will start a worldwide revolution (because we are such hardcore fans).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is still a long way to August, but better late than never. I hope to see some Jagged Alliance 3 news and maybe a release date!!! 🙂

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/save-date-august-12-thq-nordic-poised-land-massive-punch-its-2022-digital-showcase

Brace yourselves! THQ Nordic is hosting its second annual digital showcase event on the 12th of August, 2022. The company will present several, brand new games, expanding the company’s portfolio into new genres with both licensed and original gaming experiences. Gamers can look forward to everything from intense, dark and gritty to light, colorful and just plain fun! In addition to loads of announcements and first looks, we will be providing updates on games like Outcast 2 – A New Beginning and Jagged Alliance 3!

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, LXant said:

So 11 months between announcement and the first news drop. Can't say I like that, but now we know when to expect more.

For me, the announcement of this event actually sounds like an early stage of development. At the August event, we'll probably see some new screens and maybe some CGI teasers. Even if they show gameplay, it is still a very long way to design and create content, all important bugs will be fixed, and the code will be optimized and polished.

I don't expect the game until 2024 at the earliest.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Wigen said:

For me, the announcement of this event actually sounds like an early stage of development. At the August event, we'll probably see some new screens and maybe some CGI teasers. Even if they show gameplay, it is still a very long way to design and create content, all important bugs will be fixed, and the code will be optimized and polished.

I don't expect the game until 2024 at the earliest.

I also don't expect the game for 2022 or 2023. I think a few months ago, I was expecting or thinking mid 2023.. but yeah, not anymore.

This morning I saw this (below) on YouTube. The VERY short 'snippet' they show of Jagged Alliance 3 is a fraction of the CGI video they showed us at reveal.

While I know VERY little of game development in general, it -slightly- worried me that in over 6 months, they still only show the CGI part. No gameplay.

Maybe it is because they decided to rework the gameplay part after all our whining? 😂
(if it is like in a dream and it actually is the case, then seriously.. I will buy the game twice and gift myself a few more copies as well.. 🤣).

Edited by GODSPEED
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well... I much rather have Haemimont take their good time and develop a well thought trough, complex, balanced, (relatively) bug-free and fleshed out game. Finally giving us a game whit the same unique experience last seen 2 decades ago.

If they rush it we will just get some bug riden, unbalanced, semi-functioning game with the same stale voice actor for every character... and the "curse" of developing a JA game continues.

• Like 1

If Jagged Alliance 3 is a typical narrative game, the date 2022 is quite probable. If the producers focused on non-linearity and a lot of side missions, the premiere in 2023 is 100% possible.

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, GODSPEED said:

Thank you @Wigen!

I really would like to have such optimism and faith in a near-lost case that you have, Wigen. Much appreciate for your updates searching and sharing them with others. I wish You the best!

In my opinion they were forced to say something because of or thanks to this topic and each person who participated and showed dissatisfaction of current "silence" situation.

I was trying to find in many ways how this sentence, which contains only 33 words or 183 characters with spaces, which take only one minute to write, brake some rules or licence, that they could not share this information with us. It would cut off any deliberations and speculations at once and waiting for this game would be only a pleasure.

"So we rather wait and get everything in line and everything to fit and then go "okay JA community now we will show you EVERYTHING" and then run with regular communication and updates."

Sorry THQ, but I don't trust you anymore and this will not change.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The weekend gave me some room to think things trough (don't judge me, I am slow, ok!) and here my guess.

The main reason for the reveal of the title, and the forums etc. is all due to the normal corporate bullsh... I mean procedures.

To give their (THQ's/Embracer group, whatever) stocks the best boost they can for the end of the year (2021), they reveal a bunch of titels. Nevermind how far away each title is from release.

Makes sence right?

THQ can then tell the shareholders: Hey we got this many upcoming titels! Dosen't it look great?

Shareholders caring about the next quarterly return on their investment, runs trough their checklist: Sounds good. Are preorders up?

THQ: Ofcourse!

SH: GOOD. What about trailers for the game to incriese hype?

THQ: Got'em!

SH: Excellent. And sites for publishing more hype?

THQ: Yes! We are already listed on these stores (shows list).

SH: Very good!

Haemimont over in the corner: Uuuh guys, we are like... a year away from showing anyth...

THQ: Shhhh! Quiet! Stocks are up!

I have experience similar things myself. Just last year, I among a few other colleagues were forced into a project by the company we work for. An idea that really was no more than a few notes on a piece of papper that a few of my colleagues had a discussion about. The idea was great, no doubt about that. The company got wind about the idea and demanded that a project was to be established and finished whitin the very same year. Normally we spend a year just in preparation, risk assessments, pre-constructions etc. And why the rush you ask? Because the idea was so good and running the project trough at less than half the time we normally take, gave the company a very nice incriese in stock value. I myself had a very small role and was not affected much by it but a few of my colleagues worked themselves to the bone to make sure the project was successful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes, @Hendrix, that's probably not too far from the truth.

The whole corporation/holding is in a volatile situation, they spend huge amounts of money and have little to show for it. At least for now. So it's only natural to reveal some of the more advanced projects, so they can list them on their quarterly/yearly reports as upcoming AAA titles. Gives the shareholders more than just a short "We work on X unnamed AAA titles".

Everyone who has ever written a paper or two knows the situation: you try your best to fill the pages if you have to fill a quota. You take everything you can get. Sometimes quantity becomes a quality on its own. And sometimes an early announcement can make the whole difference.

If you want a prominent example, look at Bethesda (before MS bought them). They got under fire for their dumpster fire that is Fallout 76. So, what did they do? Todd Howard revealed a 30 sec clip of a landscape and a slogan "Elder Scrols 6". That's it. It has been four years since then (with 4 more years to go, I reckon), but people were happy with that, and the outrage about Fallout 76 suddenly died. Bethesda became everyone's darling again.

The exact opposite was what Blizzard did. People expected the announcement of Dialbo 4 at BlizzCon 2018. Dedicated and hyped PC gamers paid for tickets, travel and accomodations to be there. And they got a f*cking mobile game announcement. Sure, D4 was also in development back then, but they chose not to reveal it, went with the mobile cashgrab instead and got burned.

The Activision Blizzard stock price fell hard by around 30% in the following days, from the 60s to something in the 40s. It stayed there for almost a year. It took another half a year to reach the level from before the announcement disaster; not even the announcement of Diablo 4 in Nov 2019 could salvage the mess they created the year before.

Paradox is the better publisher in that regard. They are smaller and rely heavily on the interaction with their customers. Understandable, as they sell niche products to begin with. They can't afford to have a bad standing with their gamers. And it showed in how they handled Haemimont's Surviving Mars development and PR.

THQ/Embracer is different, and that's not a compliment here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had completely no idea, that they are on the stock market. That is explaining everything. Thanks for the info Hendrix!

I am a regular investor on my domestic stock exchange and I know very well this common practice, that they have done here. Why I didn't notice that, no idea.

Their behavior is not dictated by any fear of breaking the license or some rules or concern for players, but only and solely by controlling the price of their joint-stock company. As always only their money is counting, not shareholders or players, but unfortunately, this is the common standard of every joint-stock company.

So the next news or update will be only then, when it will be the most favorable for them in terms of their stock company price.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, Wigen said:

If Jagged Alliance 3 is a typical narrative game, the date 2022 is quite probable. If the producers focused on non-linearity and a lot of side missions, the premiere in 2023 is 100% possible.

The game will not be released before end of 2022 if they want make something proper, my guess is even more possibly around spring 2023 (exactly after 24 years JA2 was released).

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

BTW on the live chat all gamers are talking about different Nordic games, seems JA3 is so uninteresting to many hmmmmm....

That's not really surprising. I've honestly never met another gamer IRL that knows about Jagged Alliance...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biff said:

That's not really surprising. I've honestly never met another gamer IRL that knows about Jagged Alliance...

Very disappointing imo, what they know about Jagged Alliance ? Especially today youth, nothing !!!

Just watched the new trailer, its ok, just a new video that last around 2 to 3 mins, at least some blood effects are there and liked how the enemies dead in different varieties.

• Like 1

Looks good, tho still a little rough. Hopefully characters react more to explosions and gunfire in the finished game. In JA2 characters would hit the deck if bullets whizzed by them, and an explosion nearby could knock them off their feet.

It looks bloody, but can you still blow someone's head clean off? Also I noticed two characters with peg legs...

It was hard to tell but it looked like the grenade wrecked the walls. Destructible environments would be cool.

And the mortar is back!

I know it's still early but I hope the mercs all have voiced lines, in the footage is seemed to be just text.

It looks like there's a morale system.

Also looks like your skills increase by using them. Barry gained +1 health for being shot to pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff said:

Looks good, tho still a little rough. Hopefully characters react more to explosions and gunfire in the finished game. In JA2 characters would hit the deck if bullets whizzed by them, and an explosion nearby could knock them off their feet.

It looks bloody, but can you still blow someone's head clean off? Also I noticed two characters with peg legs...

It was hard to tell but it looked like the grenade wrecked the walls. Destructible environments would be cool.

And the mortar is back!

I know it's still early but I hope the mercs all have voiced lines, in the footage is seemed to be just text.

It looks like there's a morale system.

Also looks like your skills increase by using them. Barry gained +1 health for being shot to pieces.

The chat box with texts instead of audio voice talking is extremely dull, hopefully they can bring audio voice talks and with good actors, some heavy accent and some other languages as well so it can make the game more interesting. I mean a Jagged Alliance without proper voice acting dialog isnt a Jagged Alliance for me.

Also the portrait pics arent moving, if they could replace it with lively emotional faces it would be %1000 times better.

The enemies should also show more agony animations with more scary emotion.

• Like 1