Trailer Analysis and everything known

Kordanor

19 minutes ago, Jos the Jackal said:

I would really like for them to bring back Ice and Magic. They were a fantastic duo.

At least 1 of them will be there for sure, but without voice acting Jagged Alliance 3 will really suck.

But we heard some voice acting in the first trailer from a enemy when he was shot he said oooh it hurts lol which means there will be some audio talks, especially the mercenary dialogs with each other and with the citizens + enemies were always epic, without it it will be extremely dull.

16 hours ago, Flowable said:

Thanks @Kordanor, my German is very rusty, but i could understand like 20% of it (i think). I hope you're going to cover Jagged Alliance on Kordanor's Gaming Lair

You're welcome. Hope you also saw the english summary above the video 😄

My (first?) playthrough will very likely on my German Channel once it releases, but once it's review time, there will also be coverage on the english one. 🙂

11 hours ago, Jos the Jackal said:

I would really like for them to bring back Ice and Magic. They were a fantastic duo.

I vote for Razor and Haywire instead 😉

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Kordanor said:

Neither the original trailer nor the new trailer features voice acting during combat, which makes is extremely unlikely that there will be voice-acting in the final game (outside of Intro and similar)

If that is the case, it would would completely ruin the game for me. The voices are such a large part of the merc's personalities.

In the new trailer there's a sceen were Buns picks up some loot and it changes over to the inventory screen. Here we can see Buns carried equipment, I noticed there were no slots for NV goggels, sunglases, ear pro's or (since the game seams to takes place in 2001) mini-disc players.

Also in the inventory screen the Mercs have different sizes/number of slots for their backpacks, but I did not notice any backpack slot on Buns?

Finally in the very same inventory screen there's some magazines that I wonder if they are some kind of skill books? In Buns backpack there is something that looks like a health magazine and in Tex's there's a survival guide.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the analysis @Kordanor

Edited by Hendrix
I forget, I forget again...

24 minutes ago, Hendrix said:

If that is the case, it would would completely ruin the game for me. The voices are such a large part of the merc's personalities.

In the new trailer there's a sceen were Buns picks up some loot and it changes over to the inventory screen. Here we can see Buns carried equipment, I noticed there were no slots for NV goggels, sunglases, ear pro's or (since the game seams to takes place in 2001) mini-disc players.

Also in the inventory screen the Mercs have different sizes/number of slots for their backpacks, but I did not notice any backpack slot on Buns?

Finally in the very same inventory screen there's some magazines that I wonder if they are some kind of skill books? In Buns backpack there is something that looks like a health magazine and in Tex's there's a survival guide.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the analysis @Kordanor

While this is ofc also pure speculation it might be possible that NV goggles and anything like that are modifications for the helmet. Would then be a bit weird that you needed a helmet for these, and I would say it's rather unlikely, but I guess its a possibility.

With backpack slot you mean slot FOR a backpack? Maybe you only have one armor slot and that slot also determines how much inventory space you have. Maybe you can "add" additional slots to it, a bit similar to rage. But indeed an interesting point.

I noted these books as well, and also instantly thought "skillbook", but if I remember correctly JA2 also had magazines and they were just fluff (well, the magazines you found in JA2 were also less likely to contain any stuff which would help you on a mission I guess ^^)

Well, always depends on where you look I guess. But so far we only have the inventory screen, the modding screen, the tactical screen.

We are basically missing the Character Stats Screen (btw, we know that there are stats, Barry gut a +1 when being hit) and a management screen for the worldmap.

We do have some hint of a hiring screen in the first trailer.

But my guess is that these are also the very last things which are going to get finalized.

15 hours ago, Kordanor said:

We are basically missing the Character Stats Screen (btw, we know that there are stats, Barry gut a +1 when being hit) and a management screen for the worldmap.

The thing is, we don't know if stats are in the game, and from analyzing the trailer, the only "stats" we have are of Morale from the kills Buns does and then the +1 Health Barry gets from being nearly killed.

Health and Morale aren't enough in my opinion to count as "stats". I would have at least liked to see what one of the merc profiles looks like for hiring. Even a rough copy with some basic info.

As you guys keep mentioning, and I sincerely hope you guys are right, this is maybe just some Alpha testing stuff. I just feel even more skeptical since this trailer, kind of wish I had not seen it.. feels like they NEEDED to release SOMETHING for the event.

11 minutes ago, Biff said:

Some people have been worried that we wont need bullets, but it looks like there's a rifle magazine and box of bullets in that screenshot.

Exactly.

Looks like machine gun ammunition. Igor had one in his inventory in the first trailer. The second ammo is probably for the pistol.

Watching the trailer again, I reacted to another thing.

At 1:04 there is a scen of Buns firing a burst at a Marauder. She clearly has 10 AP and spends 9 of to engage the Marauder. The very second the mouse clicks to fire (you can easily see this occurring at 1:07 going at 0.25 speed), her AP suddenly increases to 13 which she then uses for the other attack. The only other time the number close to the portrait is displayed in a similar way is at 1:39 when Fauda throws a grenade. At the beginning she has 7 AP and after the throw 5. Neither can I see her being rewarded with more AP's for the enemy blown into bits by her grenade.

Maybe this is just for the trailer to show some combat but I became worried that it is the "rewarding" sort of playstyle. That making kills rewards you with AP's to make more kills. Definitely not something I would like or enjoy!

Yeah, this would be problematic. I checked the firefights again and noticed another thing.

The very last firefight with steroid actually reduces the AP properly. However in that firefight the "enemy visible calculation" is also being done even before the shot is displayed. Meaning all the calculations are being done right away and this is being shown. (which I think is bad, takes out the tension if you just keep looking that how many enemies are visible).

However this is not the case with the first firefight. In that first firefight the number is only reduced after the full animation is played out and the body hit the floor, basically seconds later after the shot. That leaves the question about why there was this difference.

Maybe the two different battles were taken from 2 different game versions?