Why russian commie has the spotlight of the cover photo?

I don't have a problem with it, its a game remember, even with the swastika in some cases, which has been in games like Wolfenstein etc.., if its not to push propaganda, or its to show it from a historical stand point, I'm ok with it.

Edited by Acid
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Acid said:

I don't have a problem with it, its a game remember, even with the swastika in some cases, which has been in games like Wolfenstein etc.., if its not to push propaganda, or its to show it from a historical stand point, I'm ok with it.

Moreover - we are allowed to play nazi in COD, Red Orchestra and dozens of other games)

3 minutes ago, Kordanor said:

No, he wants to change him into an Ukranian, which...well...would be absurd ^^

Dolvich is more Belorussian second name than ukranian, but in out world woth Russia and Belorus are banned)

As a solution I can suggect tp add merc editor as it was in JA2 and let everyone chose a flag like in Xcom.

• Like 1

Some people in this thread aren't being very realistic. I hate all this cancel culture crap, but keeping Ivan on the front cover is simply bad for business right now. It's not worth the risk of losing sales to an army of negative review bombers. Many people might decide not to try the game if it seems pro-Russian.

"The Gaming Industry Unites to Cut Off Russia

Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Microsoft, and others are suspending business in the country in response to its invasion of Ukraine."

https://www.wired.com/story/gaming-industry-unites-russia/

"As of August 19, we are tracking 1219 companies, of which 882 are pulling out of Russia, and 337 holdouts..."

https://www.coalitionforukraine.com/video_games

54 minutes ago, Biff said:

Some people in this thread aren't being very realistic. I hate all this cancel culture crap, but keeping Ivan on the front cover is simply bad for business right now. It's not worth the risk of losing sales to an army of negative review bombers. Many people might decide not to try the game if it seems pro-Russian.

"The Gaming Industry Unites to Cut Off Russia

Ubisoft, EA, Epic, Microsoft, and others are suspending business in the country in response to its invasion of Ukraine."

https://www.wired.com/story/gaming-industry-unites-russia/

"As of August 19, we are tracking 1219 companies, of which 882 are pulling out of Russia, and 337 holdouts..."

https://www.coalitionforukraine.com/video_games

All of the listed companies have lost business in Russia and they do not have any chance to return back. THQ has a great chance to do the right thing and stay beyond this shit, the used Ivan before the specoperation began - normal peiple, who really want to play the game will buy it anyway. 

• Like 1

But again, its not about the people who "really want to play the game".
It's about the people who don't know Jagged Alliance yet and need to be convinced to try it.

The only potential positive outcome could be seen in "any press is good press", if it should make headlines somewhere because of it. But I don't think that's the way to go.

21 minutes ago, Kordanor said:

But again, its not about the people who "really want to play the game".
It's about the people who don't know Jagged Alliance yet and need to be convinced to try it.

The only potential positive outcome could be seen in "any press is good press", if it should make headlines somewhere because of it. But I don't think that's the way to go.

If you are a normal person - you won't be offended of Ican on the cover. If you are idiot - you won't be interested in JA3, it is that simple.

• Like 1

The main mistake of the creators of the game is that Ivan was supposed to become the main antagonist. Starting from the second part of Jagged Alliance, the player, with the help of mercenaries, fights against authoritarian regimes and, in fact, brings democratic values to the enslaved peoples. The USSR has always done the opposite. That's why, Ivan with his hammer and sickle on his hat, as the savior of the oppressed people, is nonsense.

2 hours ago, Sashkord said:

The main mistake of the creators of the game is that Ivan was supposed to become the main antagonist. Starting from the second part of Jagged Alliance, the player, with the help of mercenaries, fights against authoritarian regimes and, in fact, brings democratic values to the enslaved peoples. The USSR has always done the opposite. That's why, Ivan with his hammer and sickle on his hat, as the savior of the oppressed people, is nonsense.

Again, again an idiot troll in the thread - cool democracy in Vietnam or Iraq from USA and how bad was communism in Baltic countries with all those factories they have got after USSR) Amd this list can be extended - tell me about "bright democracy" in Lybia? Please, also remind - who saved Cuba when they needed it? And who was waiting for 43 year to open western front? Who is bulding up hidden biological laboratories with unallowed viruses and who is helping ofiicial Syrian goverment to stop terrrorists there? USA sucks, that's all. USSR was a very good country with peacefull intentions to build up a fair society where everyone is equal while USA are doing only one thing - war for resources to be rich at the expense of other countries.

Here is a quote from the JA2 game, so you should understand that clear - on the attached screenshot.

JA is about mercenaries who are fighting for money, that's all - they are asking for more and more money, they refuse to work wihtout money and do not care much about population - it is fine for them to shoot everyone down if only commander wishs so.

Jagged_501135_6103142.jpg

• Like 1

And do not forget that USSR NEVER used atomic bombs in real battle - while that were US who bombed CIVIL cities of Nagasaki and Hiroshima with atomic bombs. Japan was ready to surrender by that time, but I just wanted to use nuclear weapon - there was no reason for that.

Today you call this "democracy" - it is a shit.

That symbol on Ivan's hat means the game can't be sold in Ukraine. 
"Mortal Kombat 11 was banned due depictions of communist symbolism, which is banned per Ukrainian law."

On 8/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, ULTRAANDR said:

If you are a normal person - you won't be offended of Ican on the cover. If you are idiot - you won't be interested in JA3, it is that simple.

They don't have to be interested in the game, they just need something that grabs attention. Most video game controversy is caused by people that aren't actually fans of the games. And it only takes one attention seeking YouTube *celeb* to get the hate train rolling.

• Like 1

@Biff Yes you are right and thats a sad reality. Some elements I could understand if they need to be removed but where does this end? It seems like that you can not recreate this classic Jagged Alliance feeling because there will be always a part of this series that could offend somebody. Also when you look at the dark humor.

But I think the devs need to stay true to their vision of the game or this will turn out to be a soulless product because they have to cut many elements that fans know and like. This youtubers just seek for attention so they will always find something. Today you cant please everybody because its a business to be offended.

I talked about this before, they put the Soviet logo in Ivan`s ushanka which is very cool imo but after the Russia & Ukraine conflict it will be a lil controversial so i was thinking may they will remove the logo or Ivan totally from the cover lol. Ivan is using a old Soviet uniform overall in JA3 lol, made even the LEGO minifig out of it cause of his sake.

Like i mentioned before hopefully we can change helmets, vests and some other tactical gear in the game that will also appear on the characters just like in Jagged Alliance Rage which was really cool imo.