Jagged Alliance Collector Edition

Image Miroir

49 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

I want to have a card inside, signed personally by Mr THQ Nordic with postscript "Im really sorry". ^__^

...along with his severed little finger? 

It should be part of a pre-order exclusive beta version collector edition. All the beta version problems must be kept, and by default one plays sci-fi mode, wherein one has to assist the stalwart adventurer (new recruitable merc), Lunokhod, in exterminating THQ-morphic giant bugs that are ravaging the local population, causing the locals to ignore exploding barrels and bullets etc. After destroying the bugs, one then switches to the normal version of the game.

(Disclaimer: this is by no means a call for Mr. THQ Nordic to inflict harm upon himself. Long may His Corporate Highness reign.)

A collector edition is more expensive and must include additional material. At the same time, it shouldn't affect balance, and shouldn't be too demanding to developing teams. If we take as an example Blizzard, we observe they often offer a book with graphics, and sometime some additional goodie.

The book would need design and printing management and I don't think it'll be possible for THQ. Here are some ideas :

• A Solid Snake's style camo suit (designed for the IMP personalized character)
  • A Sam Fisher's style camo suit (designed for the IMP personalized character)
  • A Total Overdose's style suit with 2 sawed-off shotguns (designed for the IMP personalized character)
  • Barret XM-109 sniper rifle
  • Rambo compound bow (with some explosive arrow-heads)

A USB key with previous games could be difficult and not constructive to add; so why not a dog tag with JA's logo? A steel case for the game could also make the difference with the standard edition (considering it's not all dematerialized).

What else...

4 hours ago, Hongweibing said:

...along with his severed little finger? 

It should be part of a pre-order exclusive beta version collector edition. All the beta version problems must be kept, and by default one plays sci-fi mode, wherein one has to assist the stalwart adventurer (new recruitable merc), Lunokhod, in exterminating THQ-morphic giant bugs that are ravaging the local population, causing the locals to ignore exploding barrels and bullets etc. After destroying the bugs, one then switches to the normal version of the game.

(Disclaimer: this is by no means a call for Mr. THQ Nordic to inflict harm upon himself. Long may His Corporate Highness reign.)

You guys talk sh** but the best thing to do at this juncture is to still support and purchase the game (because its not like there's any close alternative out there on the market to this RIGHT????????), and to provide the devs with resources and passionate feedback for what you'd like to see in the next installment.

Depriving devs of money is the best way to ensure that NO other kind of jagged alliance gets made in the future, whether the kind that's modified and more mass appeal, or the kind that you'd actually want to see.

1 hour ago, anon474 said:

You guys talk sh** but the best thing to do at this juncture is to still support and purchase the game (because its not like there's any close alternative out there on the market to this RIGHT????????), and to provide the devs with resources and passionate feedback for what you'd like to see in the next installment.

Depriving devs of money is the best way to ensure that NO other kind of jagged alliance gets made in the future, whether the kind that's modified and more mass appeal, or the kind that you'd actually want to see.

First of all, I do hope you understand that what I wrote was a meant as a joke. Second, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I decided not to purchase the game when it gets released. I wouldn't even mind donating some money, had it been necessary. Third, I have actually said that this is the best game we could have realistically hoped for, and that on balance, it's not bad at all, provided that the actual issues shall be addressed. Finally, concerning feedback - at this juncture, talking about the next installment is simply premature. Moreover, I believe that at this stage, all the practical feedback and realistic suggestions that could have been made regarding JA3 (based on what we saw in the beta videos), have already been made, and we are already getting into the realm of wishful thinking and fantasy or simply repeating the same things time and again. I'm not sure there's much point to it until we get some response from the developers or see some new progress. Besides, I'm not so sure that it's the developers and producers who actually want/need our feedback, but rather we just want to provide them with it (ego, hope to influence development etc.), while they allow it so as to garner interest in the game and keep potential buyers engaged. But perhaps I'm too cynical.

1 minute ago, Hongweibing said:

First of all, I do hope you understand that what I wrote was a meant as a joke. Second, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I decided not to purchase the game when it gets released. I wouldn't even mind donating some money, had it been necessary. Third, I have actually said that this is the best game we could have realistically hoped for, and that on balance, it's not bad at all, provided that the actual issues shall be addressed. Finally, concerning feedback - at this juncture, talking about the next installment is simply premature. Moreover, I believe that at this stage, all the practical feedback and realistic suggestions that could have been made regarding JA3 (based on what we saw in the beta videos), have already been made, and we are already getting into the realm of wishful thinking and fantasy or simply repeating the same things time and again. I'm not sure there's much point to it until we get some response from the developers or see some new progress. Besides, I'm not so sure that it's the developers and producers who actually want/need our feedback, but rather we just want to provide them with it (ego, hope to influence development etc.), while they allow it so as to garner interest in the game and keep potential buyers engaged. But perhaps I'm too cynical.

I mean I'll still play it, I wouldn't say its on balance good per se. I think they should've done what JA2 and JA2 1.13 done, and expanded the strategy side of things while keeping most things consistent and constant.

2 hours ago, anon474 said:

and to provide the devs with resources and passionate feedback for what you'd like to see in the next installment.

Bro i already gave them my feedback: rename this project, find new devs, start over. (they can save map and mapper, but everything else better throw into the trash)

2 hours ago, anon474 said:

Depriving devs of money is the best way to ensure that NO other kind of jagged alliance gets made in the future

Mb it will be better. Bro they just have "JA" name in their hands. Im sure in the future will be alot of good games like JA, but with another name. Why we should pray to them?

• Haha 1

@Hongweibing it's not ego here in posting proposal. Through our interactions we alert Google, and someway help people not yet knowing about JA3 to hear about it.

Second, most of us know quite well JA, still we have different approaches and developers should be well inspired to understand our expectations. I don't believe JA3 being able to challenge X-Com without listening to former gamers. They don't have the money of X-Com, therefore it's not with developers they can beat the aliens, it's by being creative and smart.

I'm sure they consider us insignificant buzzers, but they should remember there are more failed and unsuccessful projects in Arulco's cemeteries than dead mercs.