A Somewhat Big Mistake Made IMO

anon474

A moderately significant mistake made by the team, I think, concerns itself with the perk system, and making the perk system a fixed 9 perks per stat type of thing, which imo is a huge limitation and an artificial one as well. Some stats will naturally have 10 or 15 perks, and that's fine, and then other ones will have far less maybe 5 or 7 and this is also fine.

I think for the benefit of design the perks should be opened up to be both larger than 9 perks to choose from for some stats, and maybe reduced for other stats.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:20 AM, anon474 said:

A moderately significant mistake made by the team, I think, concerns itself with the perk system, and making the perk system a fixed 9 perks per stat type of thing, which imo is a huge limitation and an artificial one as well. Some stats will naturally have 10 or 15 perks, and that's fine, and then other ones will have far less maybe 5 or 7 and this is also fine.

I think for the benefit of design the perks should be opened up to be both larger than 9 perks to choose from for some stats, and maybe reduced for other stats.

I think this is a very good post.

It's not the only issue I have with the current direction and design philosophy of JA3 but I do think the dev's are artificially restraining themselves for no reason.

Some stats will be less useful, some more. It's just the nature of everything. Trying to balance everything and make strength as equally useful as endurance is bad, imo.