Gran Chien Map & Sectors ???

LoboNocturno

As we know already we will be having more than 100 sectors, guess it was mentioned exactly how much but I forgot with different environments such as desert, jungle,savannah, swamp and some urban areas.

Am assuming we will be having at least 9 to 10 (don't mind for more) towns as well like in Jagged Alliance 2.

Really hoping there will be some interesting towns, we saw already various screenshot and video footages from the trailer & gameplay video it looks more like a turned up country with lots of ruins but am sure there will be also more civilised lively areas like San Mona in JA2, Africans love enjoyment so am really curious how they will make all the side fun stuff.

Or a very fancy & luxury city like Balime in JA2 will also suit in there perfectly.

What you guys think and how curious are you about the sectors and the towns will be ?

Jagged Alliance 3 - Map Review.jpg

Edited by LoboNocturno
  • Like 1

The ruined place in fence looks really like back in West Africa (made it as my wallpaper), it reminds me to my Liberia & Sierra Leone times, simply wonderful. There is a place called Hotel Africa back in Liberia, once it was 1 of the most fancy 5* star hotels in whole West Africa but right now only the the ruins exist. Just google it, its very interesting, highly recommended. Also there where rumors that Gaddafi wanted to buy there and renew the whole place to make it lively back in the glory times but shortly after the civil war started and he was captured and killed. All of this real stuff happened its just like Jagged Alliance. Guess almost everybody knows the story with Charles Taylor and all. 😃

Btw we were also talking in few other topics if there would be some wild animals ? Which i think likely will, if you check the entrance and fence well there is hippo heads, which may a sign around the swamp area or lagoons can be hippos ? (I mentioned before it other topic already hippos would suit totally as they are also the most dangerous animals to humans in real life back in Africa.) Crocs could be very possibly there as well. 😉

Jagged Alliance 3 - Ruined Building In Fence.jpeg

Jagged Alliance 3 Screenshot - Fidel.jpg

Jagged Alliance 3 - Swam Environment.jpg

• Like 2

The entrance also reminds me a little to Pablo`s Hacienda Napoles since there were hippos as well. Hope later on we will also have Jagged Alliance 4 in Latin America, against a vicious cartel now that would be so epic.

Hoping for nice Sub Saharan vybes with nice nature atmosphere, hope the background sounds, wind, insect and animal sounds etc all will be in there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am sure there will be some more sectors than just we are seeing in the Grand Chien map, there will be several more sectors in the basement level and possibly there will be basement level 1 and 2 as well just like we had in Jagged Alliance 2. When there will be mines there will be surely also other secret sectors. Maybe a hiding underground prison or research center?

Jagged Alliance 3 - Basement Screenshot.png

• Like 1

A secret location in a game like this, whether it is a hidden facility in some unknown sector, or a hidden basement, always adds to the suspense. You don't know what lies hidden within but you know damn well that you intend to find out!

Even if JA3 doesn't copy its prequel's optional sci-fi element, there is scope for various things such as a hidden prison, a lab where experiments are being carried out, an underground drugs lab (like in the movie, Clear & Present Danger), a weapons storage site or stash of stolen fortunes. There are lots of things the developers could come up with.

• Like 2