Scripted Event Triggers

shadoww

can someone make a list of scripted event triggers? i just want to restart the game with higher difficulty and want to know about these events especially [spoiler]n-day and biff's mayday[/spoiler]

why there is no spoiler button in this forum?

8 minutes ago, shadoww said:

really guys no one know what trigger's biff's mayday?

Impatient much? It's been 14 hours.

Seeing how there is no n-day (there is Operation N-Night in Port Cocoa) and how you are asking about Biff I assume you are interested in what triggers the BIG world event during the campaign. Spoilers ahead obviously.

Here are some developer notes from the game files, the addition of specifics in parentheses for the first two conditions are additions by me:

Completed when the player received a radio call with an invitation from Corazon to come to the Refugee Camp.

After the situation there is resolved OR the player didn't come, the world flip happens and the player receives the 3 final quests - to defeat Corazon, Faucheux and the Major. At this point saving the President is now a side goal to defeating the Major.

-- BoyanNote - I made the quest note hidden so it doesn't show up as a checkmark completed objective.

Will actually resolve as the player progresses in the game. The betrayal happens at the end of this quest.

• Currently it check total territory controlled by the player. If the player has control of enough mines or cities. (4 mines, 12 city sectors, 70 sectors. This condition has the time delay of 24-48, does not specify units or how the delay works exactly)
  • If the player is getting close to the Major. (ownership of sector C & D 14-16)
  • If time has passed since the start of the campaign.
  • If you have completed Biff quest.
  • All conditions are OR
  • Some of these conditions have a timed delay.

Operation N-Night just triggers a fixed time after freeing the port sector. You go there, kill the enemies, talk to some villagers or the granny who sells the guns and they tell you, i.e. the game adds the event to the time bar in sat view. Not much else to say about it.

I haven't looked into the triggers for getting Biffs call yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shadoww said:

but these are for betrayal. i am asking for biff's mayday and n-night. when i got that mayday call i had only two cities cacao and fleatown and fleatown's mine was already deplated.

I don't have access to game files but judging from my experience Biff's mayday event seems to start in about a month after you get hold on your first mine. Might be wrong though but once I decided not to capture any mines in the beginning and to pay my bills by simply intercepting diamond convoys. The event didn't trigger for months.

Use https://github.com/nickelc/hpk to extract the hpk archives (Data & Lua mostly). Some of the lua files are in a binary intermediary format for which you need https://github.com/HansWessels/unluac. There is a mod on nexus with all the necessary tools: https://www.nexusmods.com/jaggedalliance3/mods/38?tab=posts where you basically just run the .bat file (if you get an error you might have download the .NET 6.0 runtime https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, moqueur said:

but once I decided not to capture any mines in the beginning and to pay my bills by simply intercepting diamond convoys.

can i ask what's the reason behind this Lynx? btw lynx was one of the first mercs i hired from AIM alongside with ivan in my very first runs 20 years ago 🙂 i could easily clean drassen with him and his ruger mini-14.

19 minutes ago, shadoww said:

can i ask what's the reason behind this Lynx? btw lynx was one of the first mercs i hired from AIM alongside with ivan in my very first runs 20 years ago 🙂 i could easily clean drassen with him and his ruger mini-14.

Same with me. Lynx was the first 'elite' merc who agreed to work for me in JA1. So it became my very own tradition — no JA run without Lynx. Be it JA1 or JA2. Had to break this tradition for now but still hoping for the best 😉

As for the reason of not conquering the mines — I was doing a solo run with Blood who has terrible leadership but low starting salary. So I decided to start with picking lots of easy fights to level him up instead of capturing a mine and spending next week training militia. I mean - it literally takes him a week to train 8 recruits. I did't even try turning them into vets 😁

• Haha 1