DLC Proposals

anon474

Since giving developers the most money is the easiest way to make sure they come back to make a sequel, I have some proposals for DLC which would be an easy way for them to generate more revenue from this title.

1 Rugpull the ending to tell you that the dictator at the end of the story you killed or arrested was a double, and that the real dictator escaped with his best guards and forces to an island. The island expands the map, etc. Alternatively could be a brother, or a lieutenant of the dictator who has vowed to swear revenge and pieced together some of the forces to attack you after the finish of the main campaign.

2 A terrorist faction similar to under siege has sprung up in the power vaccuum following the regime's decline, and is a new faction. Maybe it operates in civilian clothing meaning you can never spot the terrorists until they ambush you or somethin. Maybe the terrorist group is made up of some ex armed forces that worked for the dictator. Maybe some other disenfranchised group of trained professionals.

Smaller DLC:

1 weapon packs, obvious way to make easy money.

2 potential strategy overhal, WOTC style patch that changes the strategy rules around, changes perks around, and gets rid or adds new system. Maybe makes JA3 a bit more like JA2 or JA2 1.13?

3 merc packs, add some mercs, either original or new.

4 some kind of expansion similar to UB, maybe opens up a new map you can go to with existing mercs to start a new campaign. Basically a new campaign, perhaps a bit smaller. Maybe you can't take your gear with you, so you start off from zero item-wise, but you can keep your stats, so to an extent you will be starting off somewhat boosted.

Edited by anon474
  • Like 1

Also devs should consider adding the opportunity to get the strategy early, similar to how hogwarts legacy and a bunch of other titles did it, it's cost free and gets them extra money, which, at the end of the day, is good.

There are other more or less unintrusive ways to do MT that also provide and open up new paths for revenue to devs. Cosmetics maybe. Basically anything that doesn't affect progression in the strategy, anything that isn't selling progression or selling item power, or anything like that, regardless of how harmless it might seem, that will always always undermine the feeling of integrity in the strategy and RPG. Anything that doesn't sell progression or character power is on the table.

Which basically means, content DLC and cosmetics DLC. Of course I'm not sure what kind of cosmetics can be realistically sold in JA, but, lol.

Edited by anon474

Actually a better idea would be that the dictator's double didn't just escape with his best forces or something, but that he either: hired a bunch of forces from somewhere, maybe he hired other mercs, or he paid some warlord, or anything like that, or....

Maybe the dictator's double (or whoever in the regime of the dictator, could be a lieutenant or a general) got help from a bigger power and was given a force by that bigger power in the region. An example is how proxy wars would get fought in the cold war, often china or USSR would sponsor and help out a smaller country.

This is better because if you destroyed the original regime, why would there be extra and stronger forces left, and it would be good because it would create this ominous faceless larger force or enemy presence that would narratively make more sense, in my opinion. Could be north korea for all we know, even though we don't really see north korea in a particularly scary or ominous light, somebody like the USSR from rambo 2 or 3 would be better imo. Could be China. But then Chinese lobby would get mad. Lol. Could be just a random larger country.

Edited by anon474

39 minutes ago, anon474 said:

Since giving developers the most money is the easiest way to make sure they come back to make a sequel, I have some proposals for DLC which would be an easy way for them to generate more revenue from this title.

Oh... Jesus... Please... They dont know how to fix all this mess in original game and u already want DLC. And feed them with more money... Too early to talk about that. And yes, i dont want to see "Haemimont Games" even close to "Jagged Alliane" title anymore. Better continue to develop their "Happy Farm" games like "Tropico". And dont even try into serious business like "JA". It looks pathetic.

50 minutes ago, anon474 said:

There are other more or less unintrusive ways to do MT that also provide and open up new paths for revenue to devs. Cosmetics maybe.

Yes, i thought already about that. They can try to monetize different skins for mercs. But if the game fails in sales(most likely), who will buy these skins? U?

Just now, Lunokhod said:

Oh... Jesus... Please... They dont know how to fix all this mess in original game and u already want DLC. And feed them with more money... Too early to talk about that. And yes, i dont want to see "Haemimont Games" even close to "Jagged Alliane" title anymore. Better continue to develop their "Happy Farm" games like "Tropico". And dont even try into serious business like "JA". It looks pathetic.

Yes, i thought already about that. They can try to monetize different skins for mercs. But if the game fails in sales(most likely), who will buy these skins? U?

"Oh jesus" nothing, shut your trap, you offer nothing of value in any of your stupid ass comments you moron.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

…guess Haemimont Games and a couple of guys on the forum wouldn’t mind seeing / hearing you close to “Jagged Alliane” (sic) as well.

• Haha 2

◼︎ Attack on precinct 13

1. Mercs have to capture a narco traff
  2. Mercs bring him to prison
  3. The prison is attacked and you have to survive x number of rounds before getting help and succeeding the mission

For sure such mission would me much more interesting in a game where you're accountable of ammunitions.

◼︎ Bloodsport

1. Mercs enter a clandestine street fight competition
  2. They can fight and get money
  3. They can even loose on purpose to cheat on bet (some mercs can refuse to loose on purpose)

◼︎ Missing in action

1. Mercs must infiltrate an embassy without harming anyone
  2. Mercs have to open some safe and find a map of secret camp of POW
  3. Mercs must attack the prisonners' camp and save as many of them as possible

◼︎ Full MEtal Jacket

1. Mercs must defuse explosives and mines to enter an abandoned village to recover some document/information
  2. Mercs are confronted to a smart sniper they need to neutralized while being surrounded by IED
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Adding new episodes as DLC seems like a no-brainer. Once the game engine is finalised, it shouldn't be a lot more to create new storylines and missions. DLC like that tends to sell well if the base game is positively received.

Maybe more weapons can be added as DLC but more and more guns isn't always better. You still want some differentiation between all the weapons and adding more closes that gap. Still, lots of people always want to use their favourite gun, even if the changes/additions are purely cosmetic.

1 hour ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Adding new episodes as DLC seems like a no-brainer. Once the game engine is finalised, it shouldn't be a lot more to create new storylines and missions. DLC like that tends to sell well if the base game is positively received.

Maybe more weapons can be added as DLC but more and more guns isn't always better. You still want some differentiation between all the weapons and adding more closes that gap. Still, lots of people always want to use their favourite gun, even if the changes/additions are purely cosmetic.

Yep this is sadly underutilized lots of devs move onto new projects even though they now have a perfect foundation to make tons of content on without having to code anything new or anything like that.

You can make another map the size of JA3 in probably 50% of the time it took to make JA3 just because you don't need to code, a lot of assets (if not 70%) can be recycled, and there's very little fundamental work that needs to be done.

I love John Carpenter's movies. Now you've got me thinking of all sorts of fun DLC:

• Snake Plissken merc DLC.
  • Rescuing the President from the New York prison.
  • Engaging in a guerrilla war against aliens masquerading as humans. Your mercs have to wear special glasses.
  • Finding out what happened to a certain outpost in the Antarctic.
  • A massive kick-off between rival Chinese factions and supernatural forces while you try to locate and rescue missing girls with green eyes. Indeed!
  • The unwritten but planned Escape From Earth storyline.
Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Like 2