JA2 Easter Eggs and Secrets

scope112

One of the things that set JA2 apart were all the special Easter eggs and little secrets that the game has. After completing many campaigns over the years, i still keep finding little secrets and Easter eggs.

It would be fun to collect all the little special secrets that JA2 offers.

Let me start off with one:

1) When you kill Pablo (the corrupt shipment manager) at Drassen airport, he gets replaced by Sal after 24 hours. Sal is even worse than Pablo. When shipments go wrong, you could still bring Pablo to his senses by either bribing him with "coffee" money or by punching him in the face. Sal, on the other hand, continuously loses your shipments, and there is no way for you to retrieve your order. He claims that it was sent to the wrong airport.

Edited by scope112
Better title

• scope112 changed the title to JA2 Easter Eggs and Secrets

Another interesting point is that your MERCs decline to shoot / attack Sal. You can circumvent this by throwing a grenade at him. However, after you attack him, the entire sector including your militia turn hostile towards you.

37 minutes ago, scope112 said:

Another interesting point is that your MERCs decline to shoot / attack Sal. You can circumvent this by throwing a grenade at him. However, after you attack him, the entire sector including your militia turn hostile towards you.

I think you may be misinterpreting an element that's wider than Sal. Some mercenaries refuse to fire on any innocent civilians, while others will shoot anyone except for people they like (which includes mercenaries they work well with and, IIRC, NPCs that prompt an "I like this person!" voice line during conversation).