Antagonists?

Bosiks

Let me start by saying this - I have been JA fan for 20+something years, since I first tried JA2. During those years I hava played JA2 countless times and almost all rip-offs and more or less similar TBS games out there. But none was eaven close to JA2. Especially in therms of attention to details and chsracter personalities, relations. What I have seen and heard about JA3 gives me hope - devs understand this and are paying attention to details (at least regarding mercs). This brings me to my question - will the same detalization and persanality apply to bad guys? As for immersive action narrative - it is crucially important to have intersting antagonist! Someone we want to kill!  yet at the same time - someone we can relate to, or understand his/her motives, inner demons. 'Couse in the gray world of mercs we could just as well be hired by them. Could you bring us some light on antagonists?

12 hours ago, Bosiks said:

Let me start by saying this - I have been JA fan for 20+something years, since I first tried JA2. During those years I hava played JA2 countless times and almost all rip-offs and more or less similar TBS games out there. But none was eaven close to JA2. Especially in therms of attention to details and chsracter personalities, relations. What I have seen and heard about JA3 gives me hope - devs understand this and are paying attention to details (at least regarding mercs). This brings me to my question - will the same detalization and persanality apply to bad guys? As for immersive action narrative - it is crucially important to have intersting antagonist! Someone we want to kill!  yet at the same time - someone we can relate to, or understand his/her motives, inner demons. 'Couse in the gray world of mercs we could just as well be hired by them. Could you bring us some light on antagonists?

The main villain will be possibly a African rebel leader, could be the guy on the official Jagged Alliance 3 poster with tattooed face.

• Like 1

Details are definitely thin on the ground right now. Other than knowing where the story and theatre of war is set, there isn't much else. The official JA3 poster/game cover teases more than it actually tells. I don't know much about the villains, how well funded they are, how much power they have over the country, who actually reached out to you (beyond what is shown in the first trailer) and what their own situation is like.

I also keep looking at the boats in the poster and wondering if we will see river and coastal combat? Using rivers instead of roads and approaching from the coast opens up even more options.

Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hope the villain will be great too. But in JA games the main antagonist was never great, they were too cartoonish. JA should have villains quite like James Bond movies.

I think the main villain was chosen at the beginning, so I cross my fingers but anyway, after Deidranna, it shouldn't be worse.

I really hope the story won't be black/white .. good/evil.
I really wish the Antagonist had his reasons, the "rebels" have their own bad situations anf flaws and maybe .. just maybe .. you wanna take over the country yourself?

I'm really bored of Hollywood story lines ...

19 minutes ago, chr_isso said:

I really hope the story won't be black/white .. good/evil.
I really wish the Antagonist had his reasons, the "rebels" have their own bad situations anf flaws and maybe .. just maybe .. you wanna take over the country yourself?

I'm really bored of Hollywood story lines ...

From what I've seen the people who hired you are hiding something...there may be more to the story then they are telling...so it might be a more complicated story...but we will see

38 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

Dont be silly... ofc it will be black/white. Look at this artstyle. They took a step towards cheap cartoon for kids instead of realism for adults.

I wished there was a block function in this forum ... 

28 minutes ago, WolverineX23 said:

From what I've seen the people who hired you are hiding something...there may be more to the story then they are telling...so it might be a more complicated story...but we will see

That sounds nice - I didn't follow the story in the YT/Twitch Videos too much since i didnt want to spoil myself.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, chr_isso said:

I wished there was a block function in this forum ... 

You can block people, if you want to. If you look near the top of the screen, you will see Create, a bell icon, an envelope icon and then your name. Click or tap your name so a drop-down menu appears. Farther down the menu you should see the option to ignore users.

• Thanks 2

@Lunokhod, you need to think more positive (dude). I'm not sure why but your posts are loaded with negativity, even when there is no cause for it. Picture the following scenarios:

Announcer: "Congratulations, Lunokhod! You have won the national lottery! That's right! The national lottery! Your prize is £650,000,000! A lifetime of luxury awaits you!"

Lunokhod: "But I wanted £850,000,000! What's the bloody point in having less than that? I might as well throw myself off a bridge!"

Or…

The President: "Lunokhod! Thank goodness we have managed to reach you! Earth needs you! Only you can do this for humanity itself. We need YOU to travel to the Planet Of Nymphomaniac Women, as our Ambassador! You will have to stay there for as long as necessary, in order to establish inter-planetary relations!"

Lunokhod: "But I might get homesick!"

As I said, you need to think more positive…even if not about life itself, then at least with the prospect that Jagged Alliance 3 might turn out to be a good game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1