How to win fist fight? (spoilers)

shalak

In order to get the Landsbach mine, I need to win the fist fight against the Bonecrusher. I managed to win against Dr something (with no dmg), but the most further I got with Bonecrusher was to land 3 hits to the neck, with one being crit. Then he just lands 3 crits to my guy and I lose. I tried fighting as Steroid (sucks) and Barry (better), but it seems like no matter what I do I'm destined to fail.

I recall in JA2 one could "cheat" and equip the Knuckle Dusters during the fight, but I didn't find one in JA3.

How do I win this? I cannot take any buff items, nothing. Do I really need to hire a Legendary merc to complete this quest?

Pick an appropriate merc first. The ideal candidate should have the following:

• Full Body Contact perk
  • High dexterity (at least 80, preferably 90+)
  • High Agility (at least 80)

Igor built for mêlée combat is a great merc for this.

Your main goal is to ensure you have enough AP for 3 attacks per round and that they all hit. Full Body contact will give you Grit for each attack that connects and help you survive the Bonecrusher's attacks.

When you attack, make sure to hit each body part with a separate attack - neck, arms and legs. This will impose status effects on your adversary and make it easier for you to outstay him in the ring.

Edited by Melliores
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shalak said:

How do I win this? I cannot take any buff items, nothing. Do I really need to hire a Legendary merc to complete this quest?

All Melee attacks have their own "full auto" mode, just use that as someone with decent (70+) physical stats (STR, AGI, DEX).

If they have CQC Training or Martial Arts, you'll land all your hits and the debuffs alone will cripple the enemy.

Or just punch them in the nuts.