What is the optimal route difficulty-wise after reaching the main land?

J1v1n

Just now, Melliores said:

Well, the RNG can and is mitigated by the persistent traders stock, which is both a blessing and a curse. For example the Poachers at C5 always sell a Dragunov with a thermal scope on it, a very good rifle for snipping and silent kills. Buy two of those and you should be all set for the early game even if the RNG does not drop many AKs and 7,62 WP ammo. There is 60 rounds of 7,62 WP hollow point at the Fleatown market each 2-3 days, which I used to build up my team thanks to those Dragunovs.

What we need is compile a list of all the traders and their stock, so new players can get a feeling where they can get good weapons at the start and some ammo for them.

no, RNG cant be mitigated that way, because economy by default is broken at the moment. You will either roll in weapons, money or ammo(or all of these at once hail RNJesus). Now in this kind of  games resource management compensates, because if you have too much money you can buy stuff, if you have too much ammo/weapon you can hunt valuables and enemies and sell stuff. But when you remove trading entirely, players BY RNG with too much money and no ammo/weapons get stuck.

Are you serious? why i need to travel so far up north without taking Fleatown first, for a sniper rifle which only one of my mercs is build for. You dont even consider other people's team builds. Plus Poacher camp is protected by Legion so good luck with that using your initial weaponry.

Look easy solution, add Bobby Ray's and make all other town traders deal in valuables(or keep them as it is). Tiny diamonds, chunks of diamonds, money bags, that blue gem you drop from valuable loot points or even relics you donate to museum. Would be more interesting  for me.

You can start with the Diamond Red (A2) and then slowly move to the south-east, picking the Dragunov on the way, as well as Flay. The game allows you to have a different approach as you wish. Fleatown is a good choice as well - you can buy an Auto5, a glock and an MP5K there if you want to go that route. You should have plenty of 9 mm ammo at least.

RNG will be mitigated if you use all the game's systems - now I know the trading part is barebones at the moments but it is there to serve a purpose.

Regarding RNG, I just got the Martial Artiste achievement by attacking a 13-men strong outpost with only Igor and a machete. He managed to slaughter all 13 of them at night with some good sneaking. No ammo needed, even though he had a pretty well kitted out MP5K with a silencer. The game allows you to do a mission without firing a single shot if you are that desperate for ammo. Dr Q can even do this with his bare hands, no weapons required at all. 

I would wager the developers will be addressing the trader system in the near future. Let us see what will they have to say in the stream tomorrow, the 24th of July. 🙂

Edited by Melliores

Just now, Melliores said:

You can start with the Diamond Red (A2) and then slowly move to the south-east, picking the Dragunov on the way, as well as Flay. The game allows you to have a different approach as you wish. Fleatown is a good choice as well - you can buy an Auto5, a glock and an MP5K there if you want to go that route. You should have plenty of 9 mm ammo at least.

RNG will be mitigated if you use all the game's systems - now I know the trading part is barebones at the moments but it is there to serve a purpose.

Regarding RNG, I just got the Martial Artiste achievement by attacking a 13-men strong outpost with only Igor and a machete. He managed to slaughter all 13 of the at night with some good sneaking. No ammo needed, even though he had a pretty well kitted out MPK5 with a silencer. The game allows you to do a mission without firing a single shot if you are that desperate for ammo. Dr Q can even do this with his bare hands, no weapons required at all. 

I would wager the developers will be addressing the trader system in the near future. Let us see what will they have to say in the stream tomorrow, the 24th of July. 🙂

Still doesnt makes sense. New players initially dont know this and you are still limiting people to play in certain way. Glock, MP5 and shotguns are CQC weapons.

RNG CANT be mitigated by mechanics alone because it is RNG and in depth mechanics are flawed. Look dude, i am really tired explaining this to you, just because RNG worked in your favor doesnt mean it will be the same for everyone else. Developers job is to prepare a balanced experience for everyone. People, other than you, also play this game. From what i read, 50 percent encounter problems mechanics wise 50 percent dont.

RNG did not work at my favour, @Skaldy. I have yet to obtain an AUG, a G36 or AK-74. No advanced rifles for half the game now. All other good weapons like the Dragunov, HK21, AA12, The Thing have been static loot. That is why there are other mechanics in the game that can help you mitigate it, not neutralize it. I am using quests, traders and melee combat in my game to make do with the cards I have been dealt. I enjoy the challenge and soldier on. 🙂

And going by your own words, Bobby Ray's or whatever shop is introduced via a patch or a mod, will not mitigate RNG either. Bobby Ray's is a trading mechanic and even in JA2 the items available for sale were tied to your game progression. So you could not get advanced weapons and ammo from it, simply mitigate some of the RNG if you received less ammo, armour or other items.

Let us agree to wait for the stream tomorrow then discuss in a new topic when and how a new trader/loot/ ammo procurement system will appear in game. Sounds good?

1 hour ago, Melliores said:

RNG did not work at my favour, @Skaldy. I have yet to obtain an AUG, a G36 or AK-74. No advanced rifles for half the game now. All other good weapons like the Dragunov, HK21, AA12, The Thing have been static loot. That is why there are other mechanics in the game that can help you mitigate it, not neutralize it. I am using quests, traders and melee combat in my game to make do with the cards I have been dealt. I enjoy the challenge and soldier on. 🙂

And going by your own words, Bobby Ray's or whatever shop is introduced via a patch or a mod, will not mitigate RNG either. Bobby Ray's is a trading mechanic and even in JA2 the items available for sale were tied to your game progression. So you could not get advanced weapons and ammo from it, simply mitigate some of the RNG if you received less ammo, armour or other items.

Let us agree to wait for the stream tomorrow then discuss in a new topic when and how a new trader/loot/ ammo procurement system will appear in game. Sounds good?

Our initial disagreement emerged from me criticizing RNG and you consulting to personal attacks. If you look at our initial disagreement i said RNG effects too much of the gameplay and your response is flexing on your ammo RNG and advising me to "learn to play", "playing JA2" to appreciate this game's mechanics and exploiting auto resolve function for ammo. I personally dont understand why people want auto resolve function in game where tactical combat is fun. I also dont believe a single word you say anymore, how you haven't able to find a SINGLE good advanced weapon, given there are LITERALLY obvious advanced weapon drops everywhere. You wanna know one? loot boxes from Fleatown, want another one? Haunted Mansion dead soldiers rigged with traps. Another one? South of Fleatown, mansion of crimelord, security shack has 2 intel drops and a wardrobe with some advanced weapon drop.

Going by my words, Bobby Ray's will add actual trade, so it literally mitigates problems with economy, as i said, trade balances out RNG, you can sell something and buy something else you need. Game progression is not a thing here since you can drop advanced weapons in Savannah left and right. I dont even understand how it is related since game provides you with weapons and mods, but limits you by ammo and character builds.

You understand we are not going to see eye to eye right? because you ignore and gloss over bad design choices and i wont lie down and stop criticizing these design choices. Only difference between you and me, you give positive feed back so your behavior is tolerated. I am giving negative feed back and my behavior is not tolerated.

Whenever i have to discuss something you say, i feel like i am discussing religion with a priest.

Here we go again. Can you guys create a separate thread about your RNG discussions and stay on topic in this one? 😝

PS: From a rather objective point of view since I wasn't part of the RNG discussion I get the expression you are the only one cult preaching your point of view @Skaldy. I don't see how @Melliores gave you a reason to get this aggrevated and talk yourself in a frenzy. He even proposed to wait for the stream tomorrow. What is wrong with you? Take it easy, stay humble and friendly and most importantly, learn to accept the opinions of other people!

6 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

Here we go again. Can you guys create a separate thread about your RNG discussions and stay on topic in this one? 😝

PS: From a rather objective point of view since I wasn't part of the RNG discussion I get the expression you are the only one cult preaching your point of view @Skaldy. I don't see how @Melliores gave you a reason to get this aggrevated and talk yourself in a frenzy. He even proposed to wait for the stream tomorrow. What is wrong with you? Take it easy, stay humble and friendly and most importantly, learn to accept the opinions of other people!

How about you dont meddle if you are not going to provide data or something related to fixing a problem? RNG ties in with everything(because we dont have trade) wrong in this game, just check complains about ammo, which is RNG. I told it before, he made personal attacks, he is getting personal results.

Expressing opinion is one thing, saying someone's situation is not correct is another thing. Opinions are not factual(but can be).