Feedback after first playthrough

640er

Hello everyone,

just finished my first playthrough and here is my feedback

Positives:
- story and how your decisions influence the outcome
- summary at the end 
- MERCs (especially their voices and interactions between them)
- the map and how every sector has some stuff to do
- sidequests
- replayability should be high as I havnt completed all sidequests
- graphic
- nearly bug free

Negatives:
- INVENTORY SYSTEM ! this really sucks. JA2 already did a very good job, why making it that much worse? 

- UI during combat. Again JA2 did already a very good job. Having your merc inventory at one glance all the time

- Ammunition management. Catastrophic with the new system. Especially when dealing with multiple squads. Please get rid of it and let me distribute the ammo. I want to choose how many magazines I give to each merc before a mission. Keep it simple...

- No coloring of currently used ammo. Again, take a look at JA2 -> blue for HP, red for AP ...

- Sniping way to powerful

- AI on normal difficulty super stupid

- Medicine system. Whats the point in gathering herbs to heal my soldiers? Thats just not fun and adds nothing to the game. Again -> JA2 -> small aid kit for in-battle wounds -> big one for healing soldiers

And one note to the progression during the main story line. I went for Corazon before I tried to rescue the president. It wasnt really clear for me, that in the end, Corazon will be the end boss. So after I got rid of her, it was too easy to get the president as then all the better enemies were eliminated and I only had to fight against the weaker ones from the beginning. Therefore the hiring of Spike was also meaningless.

Btw: the president died during the fight, but came back alive at the end and I could speak with him. After the conversation, he was dead again :D

I did enjoy the game anyways and I'm hoping for some nice mods which fix the inventory system. Looking forward to my next playthrough

• Like 1

Very nice, even though i dont agree with some points here and there and i want to expand on ammo identification: Game doesn't clearly says what ammo is used. For example 7.62 rifles says ammo type is 7.62, but there are two types of 7.62s. 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 UI doesnt tell you which is it and can lead to some confusion.

Edited by Skaldy

Yes, agree in ewerything, especially:

inventory -> JA2 good easy system and 

AMMO: take a look at JA2 -> blue for HP, red for AP

MEDIKITS: -> JA2 -> small aid kit for in-battle wounds -> big one for healing soldiers etc.

"JA2 already did a very good job, why making it that much worse? "

Edited by marcinl0

36 minutes ago, 640er said:

Hello everyone,

just finished my first playthrough and here is my feedback

Positives:
- story and how your decisions influence the outcome
- summary at the end 
- MERCs (especially their voices and interactions between them)
- the map and how every sector has some stuff to do
- sidequests
- replayability should be high as I havnt completed all sidequests
- graphic
- nearly bug free

Negatives:
- INVENTORY SYSTEM ! this really sucks. JA2 already did a very good job, why making it that much worse? 

- UI during combat. Again JA2 did already a very good job. Having your merc inventory at one glance all the time

- Ammunition management. Catastrophic with the new system. Especially when dealing with multiple squads. Please get rid of it and let me distribute the ammo. I want to choose how many magazines I give to each merc before a mission. Keep it simple...

- No coloring of currently used ammo. Again, take a look at JA2 -> blue for HP, red for AP ...

- Sniping way to powerful

- AI on normal difficulty super stupid

- Medicine system. Whats the point in gathering herbs to heal my soldiers? Thats just not fun and adds nothing to the game. Again -> JA2 -> small aid kit for in-battle wounds -> big one for healing soldiers

And one note to the progression during the main story line. I went for Corazon before I tried to rescue the president. It wasnt really clear for me, that in the end, Corazon will be the end boss. So after I got rid of her, it was too easy to get the president as then all the better enemies were eliminated and I only had to fight against the weaker ones from the beginning. Therefore the hiring of Spike was also meaningless.

Btw: the president died during the fight, but came back alive at the end and I could speak with him. After the conversation, he was dead again 😄

I did enjoy the game anyways and I'm hoping for some nice mods which fix the inventory system. Looking forward to my next playthrough

Good summery. Feel/see most of it 2. although I am not yet done with it. Mainly I enjoy the fights and  playing around  with the mercs. Like in JA2, where Deidranna never was my first goal, I like to explore, seeing what us going on and so on. Freeing the President? Well, can be but I would much more prefer to set up my own dictatorship there anyway 🥸

Edited by Warmonger