When the second huge-patch with crucial improvements

marcinl0

On 7/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, chr_isso said:

okay and then there's players like me how take every task, who wants to explore almost every sector of the game and who ... takes his time and creates youtube videos if I discover something interesting or something that might be useful for "casual" players.

but i guess both approaches to a game are totally fine. 

Definitely totally fine, in my first JA2 campaign I took every sector and opened every refrigerator, and I hope to replay JA3 like that one day. I really appreciate the freedom JA2 and JA3 give us in letting us do things as we like, as long as we are willing to accept the consequences (that we may or may not care about), and how that freedom allows for behavior that sometimes serves as a surprising mirror.

When in JA3 I received an authoritative-sounding instruction informing me that I should report to a certain location right away, my immediate mental response was "Sounds great, I'd love to, but I actually report to Ms. LaFontaine, please discuss this with her first" and I kept traveling in the opposite direction   ... made me realize how much I have internalized "protect myself by hiding behind bureaucracy", not sure whether to laugh or cry 🥲