Jagged Alliance 3 Soundtrack

SadSteroid7

Can we take a minute to appreciate the music of this game? I know its not the biggest of factor in a tactical game like this but for me, I've been very impressed with the quality of the music and songs used in JA3. From the fighting theme that alway get me pumped to the beautiful songs that play whenever you solve problems in certain area or towns, everything just feel top-notch.

Edited by SadSteroid7
Forgot a part at the end.
  • Like 7

Yes, really impressive. Sometimes after starting the game, I like to just keep the main menu open until the menu soundtrack reaches its crescendo. Also a very nice touch to incorporate a few of the more memorable JA2 soundtrack elements in some of the tracks.

• Like 1

I live in South Africa. My wife recognized the song's language as Zulu. There are liberation songs, wedding songs, etc. The style of singing is very African. The singers credits are here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=761317155994310&set=pcb.761317209327638

Strezov said there will be a making off video on his facebook page.

• Like 2

I especially love Thula Sizwe, the song that plays after resolving the Junk Yard quest. Even though the entire sector is one big dick joke and JA never had the kind of quests where you get seriously invested in ... at that moment I just found this song in itself very touching and it felt very peaceful and fitting if you want to take the setting of a resolved conflict seriously (being mostly ignorant of the actual meaning).

Overall the vocal tracks in JA3 are such a pleasant surprise. It's the kind of extra you would expect in a soundtrack for a game like Horizon Zero Dawn but here comes JA3, from a franchise that most likely has a smaller budget than HZD and isn't in the habit of taking itself too serious and creates this beautiful music as a byproduct.

Nobody would have complained about the soundtrack if they hadn't done that, but somebody went the extra mile ❤️

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Attempt said:

from a franchise that most likely has a smaller budget than HZD

Pretty sure its not just most likely, JA3 budget must be quite smaller when compared to a Triple-A game. Honestly, I think Jagged Alliance 3 should most likely be considered a Double-A game (slightly better quality than most Indie games but still way less ressources than a Triple-A). Which is why I agree its amazing they went the extra mile like that.