Too much clues on a overview map

Ivan Dolvich

5 minutes ago, chr_isso said:

I think it's because he used the "Scout Area" Operation on the sector.

This will probably be the cause. It's a shame that sector exploration will be packed into one click, as manual exploration of a sector (eg opening crates, locked rooms) was one of JA2's charms.

Edited by Ivan Dolvich
  • Like 1

You need to have intel on a sector for this kind of hint to appear. Intel can be gathered by different means, scout operation on close sector (sat view), hacking electronic device, and maybe a few other.
It's a feature that require a little abstraction from the player, or suspension of disbelief. You got infos or hints about the sector, and they materialize in this overview.

2 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I wonder how sector exploration will work regarding mines and booby traps? Will everything lootable be detected but traps remain undetected until you spot them (or trigger them)?

From what I've seen, some areas with mines will be marked as minefield, but booby traps and individual mines will not be on the overview info.

53 minutes ago, Ivan Dolvich said:

This will probably be the cause. It's a shame that sector exploration will be packed into one click, as manual exploration of a sector (eg opening crates, locked rooms) was one of JA2's charms.

Well, bro ... you usually don't want to spend 6+ hours of waiting time to just explore 2 sectors, if you can attack/clear the sector within 2 hours of ingame time.
so you only explore if you build militia or repair/heal. i don't think it's a broken system, it's just an opportunity for idle mercs to do something useful.

2 hours ago, Ivan Dolvich said:

Seriously? Why is this stash marked on a overview map if it is labeled as "Hidden stash". If we know about this "hidden stash" in advance, it is just a "stash" and there is nothing hidden about it at all. Devs are treating players as idiots.

Hidden_stash.png

Probably overlooked bro, don't worry. They can fix it. It's still in beta remember, this is precisely the time to fix stuff like this.