Edition of the game for next generation consoles (Xbox Series X / S and PS5)

Raven

I think Jagged Alliance is one of the best, if not the best turn-based tactical game I've ever played. Unfortunately, the consoles do not have much variety of games of this style due to the ease of playability provided by the mouse and keyboard for games of the genre. but, I played and still play Jagged Alliance Rage and I realize the great evolution that the company made in managing to bring such an incredible game to consoles. Please, if possible, bring this artwork to the new generation of consoles. it will be a great joy.

• Like 1

Lietu i think the same but it would be okay. the more players a game of this genre can be exposed to the better and lets be honest proper controller support is a bonus for everyone playing on pc you could chose betwen playing casual on the couch with a controler or go the a proper desktop setup and useing mouse and Keyboard i think the best way to go is to have options or make the game as open as possible to alow players or modders to do as they pleasย 

I hope for a console edition, as well, BUT only with NO sacrifice to game complexity. I imagine inventory management would be a nightmare on consoles (it is in JA Rage). Diablo 3 managed it well with some appearance sacrifices.

I would chose to play on my couch to my desk any day. Maybe because I'm over 30 (most JA fans are), maybe because I work on a desk all day, maybe because I love local co-op (we used to imitate JA2 local co-op on 1 PC - I would control some mercs and my brother would control others, which is considerably worse than 1 console with 2 controllers would be).

Most of all and regardless of my preference of furniture, JA3 needs to be on consoles. New gen and old gen! Because that's what a successful game would do - port to everything, sell more, develop more and better. Developing a PC exclusive leaves a huge gamer percentage in the dark about your game.

I'm from a country that is barely starting to buy PS consoles, has no official xbox representation and PC game piracy so advanced you could have played thousands of games before you ever owned enough cash to buy a disk at launch day. I also lived in a country where an actual war is raging between console brands and no-one would ever think of spending a console amount for just the GPU of a gaming PC.

Personally I would buy it for both PC and PS4 (can't find a reason to buy a PS5, yet). I would want to play it on PS, but wouldn't wait for a port (they are usually at least an year away from a successful release).

Imagine JA3 with cross-platform coop and cross-platform progression. Imagine how that would maximize reach to gamers with all kinds of platform preference AND multiple copies of the game for some people. It's never been easier to achieve, yet I strongly doubt it ever happening...

I now am wondering where you from? ๐Ÿ˜„

The piracy here in Holland is there but not on a great scale as in the Commodre 64 and Amiga 500 times. I recall having not one orignal game back then in a library of 300+. Shame that this was also the downfall of the system. Man, that was a great system with no installation probs (you just put a disk in in, it loads and you can play). No installation of hardware, and a massive memory of 1 MB!! Great games too. Okay, sorry, back to topic ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it will really depend on the reception on PC, if the game will be ported. I don't think I read anywhere that the Devs plan on releasing on consoles? Or did I miss something? Releasing a game like this on consoles is dependant on the complexity methinks. XCOM (yes, I use it again) did port to consoles and was a success if I recall correctly, but was a more mainstream game than Jagged Alliance will be.

It is hard to say really, and is depending on the funding and manpower of the Devs if a port is in the future. For me, I would like them to finish the game on PC, and then look onto porting. No need to dedicate resources towards console development while PC development is lacking ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I agree if the game is a succes, and will be ported, cross-platform coop would be a great feature!

7 hours ago, Low_K said:

I now am wondering where you from? ๐Ÿ˜„

Eastern Europe, let's say, I don't think neighboring countries differ much.

We got a PC pretty early on, we used to trade floppy disks of games (yes, I'm that old). The idea that they were pirated never crossed my mind. The term was not invented. A shop used to sell them, too, but I now realize they can't have been licensed... they all had the same highlighter-green label regardless of origin, studio, publisher. Duke Nukem 3d was on 15 floppy disks... first game we couldn't run.

Later we didn't have a decent PC at home, BUT we had a huge PC clubs in every neighborhood (200 PCs, running all the latest games, running servers - 64 player Battlefield 1942 with the subs and carriers in play... a golden age for gaming kids for what was then 0.5 euros per hour) they never paid licenses, certainly not 200 copies of anything. It was probably money laundering, police walked in one day at the one near me and just shut it down for distribution of unlicensed software...

Anyway, the point is I'm not one of the many people rooting for their only platform. I've been a PC gamer a lot longer, have a good machine for work, but I do prefer a console (for most titles) now.

Portal 2 (one of the best coops on my list) did an amazing thing, putting a free steam copy in every ps3 disk. How much did they want people to experience their game in a specially designed coop campaign? I don't expect anything like that from JA3.

7 hours ago, Low_K said:

I don't think I read anywhere that the Devs plan on releasing on consoles?

JA Rage did release on consoles by THQ, WITHOUT being a success at all. True, this is a lot more complex and I'd hate to see simplifications in favor of console ports. Nowadays 1-dev indie releases get ports, so... it can't be that difficult for a big publisher. The extra work isn't the issue I think, but the detailed interface/inventory. Arma 3 was one that said consoles just can't handle the controls/keys/options/absurd amount of stances...

Even if they manage, a delayed console release and/or no cross-platform coop will have some minimal benefits compared to initial cross-platform play. I'm not super optimistic on this one, but a guy can dream ๐Ÿ˜„

From Dev's website:

Technology

Our in-house cross-platform engine supports a diverse range of games. We take pride in the power, speed and versatility of our content production tools.
Our online scalable cloud solution supports cross-platform synchronous and asynchronous multi-player.

Platforms

Windows, MacOS, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Switch

Sounds good to me!