Active pause?

Wigen

• Wigen changed the title to Active pause?

By active pause you mean while in tactical map? I don't see a reason why it couldn't be a toggle option when you create a game. I see ironman mode having it disabled.  Hardcore Ironman would have no active pause, no quicksave, no quickload, with weapon spread being sparse.

I personally would love to have it for a casual game cause sometimes you just need to mow down enemies.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, Wigen said:

A similar topic can be found on the game's Steam discussion forum.

Can you imagine Jagged Alliance 3 without active pause mode?

I am a little confused...

JA2 is turned-based.. when you say "Active pause" I think of games like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Jagged Alliance Back in Action, 7,62 High Calibre/ Brigade E5, etc... where you hit the space bar to activate PAUSE.

I don't mind that at all, but in this case, because it is Jagged Alliance, I would prefer it stay faithful to its roots, keep it a Turn-Based game.

If it had to become active pause, then just make it active pause, not both. Having both means way more work that can be taken away from more important things like story, design, maps, items, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I think being turn based is going to be the main mechanic for combat. But I thought we were talking about out of combat to make it easier to position Mercs and setup ambushes. That way you can easily and clearly setup your spots and take out enemies once combat begins.

• Thanks 1