Jagged Alliance 3 in PC Gamer

Wigen

Thanks for sharing @Wigen, the article mentions:

Its roster of 40 mercs are all fully voiced, with personalities that may clash against each other. And, in the spirit of the original games, they're hired diegetically—this time through an early 2000s version of the internet. The strategy layer is also classic Jagged Alliance: a dynamic map that tracks and simulates both the missions you deploy your mercs on, and the enemy force's attempts to retake what was once theirs; where intel you find in missions can provide hints at where and when to go to discover sidequests and opportunities.

So great news i should say. 

• Like 3

"But the real sign of Haemimont's commitment is that one seemingly small decision to upend the conventions that XCOM laid down. It would have been easy to make another XCOM-alike. They're pretty popular, after all. But it wouldn't have been Jagged Alliance."

This made me very happy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Flowable said:

Thanks for sharing @Wigen, the article mentions:

Its roster of 40 mercs are all fully voiced, with personalities that may clash against each other. And, in the spirit of the original games, they're hired diegetically—this time through an early 2000s version of the internet. The strategy layer is also classic Jagged Alliance: a dynamic map that tracks and simulates both the missions you deploy your mercs on, and the enemy force's attempts to retake what was once theirs; where intel you find in missions can provide hints at where and when to go to discover sidequests and opportunities.

So great news i should say. 

This news sounds great! If all this is true and the combat, strategic layer, quests, story and characters are good we might finally get a worthy successor to Jagged Alliance 2. Sadly its still to early to get excited because we have not seen enough gameplay videos but there is hope. 

Also that they try to make a perfect mixture of JA and XCOM is the best way I guess. And I am also happy that they dont want to copy XCOM. JA is JA and its so much better than XCOM! I will never understand why JA was more in the underground because there is nothing that is as good and unique. 

• Like 2