The PC Gaming Show: 2023 Preview

Wigen

Watch along as we look ahead at some of the most interesting games coming in 2023, including the reveal of a few never-before-seen games and a spotlight on the six most-wanted games of 2023, as selected by the staff of PC Gamer.

Among the strategy games there is also Jagged Alliance 3. I wonder if there will be a gameplay.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/pcgamingshow2023preview

• Thanks 1

That was a good video. He mentioned the clothing and equipment not showing up on the 3D model, which has been talked about in other forum threads. The developers might change that but that would mean for a lot of model combinations.

One thing I am not keen on is the blood cloud whenever anybody gets hit. It is way too exaggerated and cartoony. I think that should be toned down a lot. The blood that lands on the ground is okay though. Other than that, the game looks excellent with nice effects, smoke, dust and what appears to be dynamic environmental damage. It looks like the gameplay isn't too zoomed in either (an initial concern I had) as longer ranged gameplay is important if you really want to differentiate battle rifles, assault rifles and bolt-action rifles to sub-machine guns.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, Solaris_Wave said:

That was a good video. He mentioned the clothing and equipment not showing up on the 3D model, which has been talked about in other forum threads. The developers might change that but that would mean for a lot of model combinations.

One thing I am not keen on is the blood cloud whenever anybody gets hit. It is way too exaggerated and cartoony. I think that should be toned down a lot. The blood that lands on the ground is okay though. Other than that, the game looks excellent with nice effects, smoke, dust and what appears to be dynamic environmental damage. It looks like the gameplay isn't too zoomed in either (an initial concern I had) as longer ranged gameplay is important if you really want to differentiate battle rifles, assault rifles and bolt-action rifles to sub-machine guns.

Yes indeed, am still hoping that they will make changes on the appearances and that we will be able to wear different kind of helmets, vests, backpacks etc that will also appear on our characters. They should also think & look again about some mercs outfits, like some are either nothing to do with battlefield look or are wearing strange clothes that doesn't suit into the hot tropical climate, yes i said it 100 times already but again having Ivan with a WW2 Soviet uniform with his ushanka doesnt fit in at all. You could keep his pic with his Ushanka just on his profile pic (and yes the profile pics in game should be lively so we can see their emotions on their face with some mimics and when they die there should come a skull pic just like in the original JA2.)

God damn we are in hot tropical Africa so please try to suit their looks more to the environment and weather, isn't rocket science.

• Like 2

It reminds me of Rambo II with the Russian soldiers wearing an inappropriate choice of camo and the ushanka for their stay in Vietnam!

I expect the developers are trying to make each merc look distinct in terms of both character and ease of identification. That said, I did comment elsewhere about Smiley's appearance. He didn't look like he was prepared for combat and instead looked as if he had just stepped out of a nightclub in Thailand.

• Like 2

There are lots of games on that page that I am interested in, as well as JA3. It doesn't say how long the show goes on for, so I am wondering how much coverage each game will get? There are many titles due to be previewed, judging by that page. I wonder how much coverage JA3 will get itself?

Due to being busy I completely forgot about the preview until after it had finished, even though I was thinking about it beforehand. However, I will check out the saved video on YouTube. For some reason though, I had a feeling that JA3 would get overlooked. Now, that might be because there was nothing to actually report, because the developers are more busy actually making the game than having something new to present. Or, it could be that it was overlooked due to the amount of games that were to be previewed, judging by the list shown, and as always, the larger profile games like Company Of Heroes get the most airtime.