Porting the game on Mac?

Andrew

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I would also approve of a Mac version. Especially if it would also support the new architecture like M1 and upwards. There are not many bigger games for M1. Maybe worthwhile to port it. Would this also help for Steam Deck compatibility?

1 hour ago, DonBilbo said:

Hi I would also approve of a Mac version. Especially if it would also support the new architecture like M1 and upwards. There are not many bigger games for M1. Maybe worthwhile to port it. Would this also help for Steam Deck compatibility?

Thats not really how processors work. Most processors utilize standardized commands. Its very unlikely that most people at Haemimont ever even have to think about the processor.

Plus the processor isnt as important as people think. Its mostly GPU.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love that too, then I would not need to hassle with an emulator or a VM. And also not talking about the old Intel plattform. M1+ all the way. And if it turns out somewhat similar to JA2, I'd for sure spring the cash for an iOS version... although I'd probably struggle with modding there.

In the short term I just hope it will be available on Geforce Now. Then it could be played on multiple platforms right from the start, while developers can focus on improving the game itself. And if JA3 becomes a success and a proper modding community develops around it, they can hopefully add native ports.