Jagged Alliance 3 - Trophy System

LoboNocturno

I know may its not so interesting for most of guys in here but am seriously interested if there will be also a trophy 🏆 system, maybe not right away but sooner or later they have to do it when Jagged Alliance 3 comes out also for console, which i strongly believe in after sometime (maybe after 6 months after the PC release.).

Am also somehow a trophy hunter so i would most definitely platinum Jagged Alliance on PS5. To platinum %100 Jagged Alliance Rage was really a fun 1 from my experience so it will be a honour to me to platinum Jagged Alliance 3 as well, am curious though if the game makers had such talks already between them or even plan it the trophy list?

In Jagged Alliance Rage there was 1 trophy 🏆 called "Lord of war" where you had to put each & every single weapon at least 1 time to your inventory or "The good guy" 🏆 where you had to kill none civilians in a playthrough or "Small team" 🏆 where you had to finish the game with minimum mercs, it was really very cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@anon474 It might be a good idea to combine your multiple posts into a single one, instead of posting one after another. Also, if you want to add something to a very recent post, you can click/tap on Edit, which will be in a menu on the top right of your post. It has three dots as a symbol. There is a time limit to do that, however. You get about five minutes to edit a recent post.

• Like 1

You can click on the + icon next to the word 'Quote' to select multiple quotes. You then will need to edit what you don't want or add paragraphs by spacing out the quotes as you address each one. It is neater to do this though instead of saturating a thread with multiple posts. Posting one after another in the same thread can also be seen as an artificial way to boost total post count for your profile. That can be looked upon negatively.

4 hours ago, anon474 said:

Ah well, this all came from xbox achievments from way back in the day, on original xbox, when the achievements were very in your face, and very special because they were usually given out for special things like beating a difficulty or getting something really special. Right now, achievements are trivialized because they're handed out for every random thing, and every game has it. Very few games should have achievments, and the achievments they have should be very unique, that way it still feels special.

I see. If so, then i can understand it.

I don't have too much time on my hands. In fact, I am quite busy as always and have found that I have in fact wasted a lot of time dealing with your egregious behaviour. You don't have any consideration for anybody on this forum other than yourself and that is sadly disappointing. This forum was excellent until you turned up and started with your arrogant posts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I don't have too much time on my hands. In fact, I am quite busy as always and have found that I have in fact wasted a lot of time dealing with your egregious behaviour. You don't have any consideration for anybody on this 

@Solaris_Wave Kinda, true the comments aren't really pleasing,  I rather call it spamming lol.

@Taurean Well those popping out the trophies 🏆 itself it's a addiction and really fun and if there if a game you like, why not completely platinum it to %100 🏆🎖

Ohh meehn can't wait for Jagged Alliance 3 to come for PS5.

• Like 1

Has JA3 been confirmed for consoles, or PS5 at least? Not that I own a PS5 but if the game is in fact going to be on consoles, it makes me wonder how universal the interface will be? I remember buying Tropico 3 or 4 (I can't remember now), years ago and finding the control system so fiddly with a gamepad that I just gave up near the beginning. Some games can be pretty seamless with a gamepad but others really suffer for it.

If it is successful enough and wants be more successful, it will release on consoles for sure. Most devs make a port with the money from initial release.

Some are quite buggy or bad (Commandos 2, I hear is one example), others (probably most) have to make sacrifices or at least trade offs (Diablo games inventory looks a lot worse (circular for more thumb stick control) and less satisfying, BUT movement and aim is better with a gamepad).

I had doubts about certain games. Civilization VI port turned out great. I want to see how Anno 1800 (announced on consoles) will handle the added complexity of being real time.

JA3 is turn based. It should be great on consoles, although interface (especially inventory) might suffer a bit.

I want to play all of the above on console. I would make an exception for a good JA game and maybe sit on my aging PC, but if there is a console version I would 100% prefer it. In no small part, due to trophies.

I think trophies/achievements are largely misunderstood. They aren't digital pats on the back for wasting hours on something pointless. Nintendo doesn't have them cause "playing the game should be its own reward".

Trophies are a collection of gaming memories unified on a single platform. You get ALL trophies for the games you love. You do everything there is to be done in a game to get that sense of completion and move on to another title.

It's not about being rewarded, but rewarding the devs by experiencing all their quests and Easter eggs, lore, challenge.

It's great marketing for Sony/Microsoft keeping your lifelong collection AND a great opportunity for devs to show wit. No, they are not a lot of work. This kind of game already MUST have the events (hidden, difficult, variable or standard). Then it's just a matter of triggering it "Ding! Hey, you found it!".

And that's why I can't make myself play anything on the switch, which can be played on PlayStation.

Interesting post. I still have my XBox 360, although I don't use it much now and never felt the urge to move on to further generations due to seeing too many sequels and remasters. During its prime though, I enjoyed getting achievements, although I never took to great lengths to get them. I used to know a guy on there who was obsessed with getting achievements and his gamer score was vastly higher than mine. Certain achievements in games felt like too much busywork or too silly for me to try for (e.g. play the entire single player game using only your basic attack). I never even got that many games where I grabbed every achievement. Looking back now, years later, it all seems unnecessary.

It can be a good thing, obviously. It creates a possible extra gameplay enticement and an incentive to keep playing. It adds to the sociality of it, even for games that aren't competitive or co-operative. Having them in a game or as part of a console's environment as a whole can't really hurt unless you are addicted to winning achievements or trophies and become incredibly stressed out in your pursuit of them.

I will always however, prefer the satisfaction of playing a game to its conclusion. My achievements will be internally the enjoyment I get for experiencing the game itself. Certain games definitely have caused me to stay around longer because of achievements, though.

As for whether a game works just as well on console as PC due to the interface, I have had mixed results. I mentioned Tropico before. I also didn't enjoy the console versions of the Command & Conquer games, whereas Halo Wars wasn't as fiddly because it was designed for the gamepad first. One older console game (so, 1st gen XBox) that I really wanted to like more but found cumbersome was Aliens Vs. Predator: Extinction. I would have liked to have seen that with a mouse interface but it was for consoles only.