Disarm

Sirbastage

I haven't seen it, and since melee seems to be more powerful in this game, I sadly suspect we may have lost disarming in the exchange.

It's a shame, too. I'm finishing up a JA2 game in which I made my IMP an expert martial artist, which was (predictably) situational at best, but useful for jumping the weapon progression queue.

Im not sure, we will see that..stats we're stealth and experience class and dexterity, i think.

What about get took as prisoner? Was also a nice feature.

Your mercs had one last chance to survive and later on, you could free them again or they could do a jailbreak.

Next to disarm we had a lot of actions we could do..there were at least 8 choices how we could open a door for example 🙃

1 hour ago, Stuurminator said:

I haven't seen it, and since melee seems to be more powerful in this game, I sadly suspect we may have lost disarming in the exchange.

It's a shame, too. I'm finishing up a JA2 game in which I made my IMP an expert martial artist, which was (predictably) situational at best, but useful for jumping the weapon progression queue.

Trait Mr. Fixit. Bonus to Disarm, Hack, Lockpick, Unjam costs 1 ap. Disarm is in the game. The question is is it a viable way to acquire weapons.

10 minutes ago, Sirbastage said:

Trait Mr. Fixit. Bonus to Disarm, Hack, Lockpick, Unjam costs 1 ap. Disarm is in the game. The question is is it a viable way to acquire weapons.

Disarming soldiers of their weapons seems a little off-brand for that trait. I suspect that refers to disarming traps. The fact that it doesn't specify suggests there's only one type of disarming in the game, as well.

We won't know for sure until we get the game in hand, but I don't think we can disarm enemies. Call me pessimistic.

Edited by Stuurminator

7 minutes ago, Stuurminator said:

Disarming soldiers of their weapons seems a little off-brand for that trait. I suspect that refers to disarming traps. The fact that it doesn't specify suggests there's only one type of disarming in the game, as well.

We won't know for sure until we get the game in hand, but I don't think we can disarm enemies. Call me pessimistic.

You are probably correct that it is disarm traps. In JA2 I would stand just inside the door of the mining office in Drassen for the counterattack disarming bad guys. 😁 The disarming of enemies would be a great resource especially early game.