Jagged Alliance 3 Playing Route

LoboNocturno

Tomorrow is the day guys, finally the 24 years of wait is over!!! Thanks to Team Haemimont Games... πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Β 

We are more then excited to start playing the game tomorrow, as most of us know already we will be starting in Ernie Island, after capturing Ernie Island what will be your playing route ? To go to the big desert land to north or down to the wetlands in south ?

Β 

Also a question, once you reach to the final sector in Ernie Island, will you kill or keep Pierre alive ? (I got a feeling he is a merc/rebel with good stats and will be possible to hire somehow later in the game.)

Β 

There is another island in the left top corner, am curious if you can go there as well and if gotta feeling there must be something important heheh.

Jagged Alliance 3 - Grand Chien Map Satellite View.jpg

Edited by LoboNocturno

I just want to say that I really enjoy looking at this map. There is something about it that stimulates my imagination, with its little roads and towns, mountains and ravines, and the different shades of green and brown and blue. If there's only one thing JA3 does better than JA2, it's the strategic map. The sectors themselves look nice too, but to me, the strategic map adds to any sector by giving it context, both in the strategic and geographic sense.

I hope that each sector resembles its location on the map, like JA2 did. For example, take the second battle in JA3 - the sector is located in the center of the island, the one with the bridge and the unmanned tower and the plateau. That sector features water, and from within the sector at first I thought that was the sea, but it could actually be part of the river system visible on the map.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

Hahah, you have not even a idea in which sector the prison is πŸ˜‚ but for truth there is 1, hope its bigger & more gruesome then Tixa.

If there is one cheap mechanic. I'm gonna find him!

Β 

Jokes aside. First I'm gonna look for some supply line like airfield and then for some income source. If there's a highly paid mission I'm gonna take it.

Edited by StoProGratis

I don't know for sure yet, but my tentative plan is to take over each sector of the starter island and then try to find the closest diamond mine to get some passive income. I don't know if either of those things is doable with just 4-5 starter mercs, but that is my initial goal.Β  Then gaining a foothold that I can defend and hopefully having my 2week income at the break even point is my first priority. I have a feeling I may experiment quite a bit with difficulty settings to find the point of not feeling rushed due to economic reasons. πŸ™‚

My route has been;
Ernie island, I even missed that underground sector there.
Cross to mainland, but not via port. Asap to that mine. After that head to fleamarket
Then cross river southwest, capture 2nd mine.
Then I went to K9 area.
By then they start attacking me mid-map.