Omryn

D13

Yesterday I witnessed the most unexpected thing while playing with Omryn.

It happened so fast, I'm wondering if it may have been a bug (unlikely) or if I'm losing my mind (also unlikely, if slightly less so).

And that's all I'm going to say, as I would not want to spoil this for anyone. I have searched all JA forums I know, and Google, and I could not find a single mention of what happened in my game. Apologies if this seems like teasing, but there is value in complete surprise to the point of not trusting one's eyes. It's why I'm still thinking about it 24 hours later.

So... Has anyone else seen Omryn (or any other merc really) behave VERY unexpectedly? Outrageously so?

I'm thinking some mercs have either hidden individual features, or perks with hidden side-effects that become visible only very rarely, perhaps only under specific circumstances. For example, you may have noticed how mercs with a certain perk are more sensitive to questionable activities (although its effects are more subtle than what happened to me yesterday).

Omryn really, really hates being underground. That is not joke, if you initiate combat with him in the squad underground, his morale will drop down permanently by two levels. You will need to resolve a few quests in a certain way to return his morale to Stable status and this might take up to two months in-game.

I can see this being an issue if you have to assault a bunker with him and you enter in more than one combat.

4 minutes ago, Melliores said:

Omryn really, really hates being underground. That is not joke, if you initiate combat with him in the squad underground, his morale will drop down permanently by two levels. You will need to resolve a few quests in a certain way to return his morale to Stable status and this might take up to two months in-game.

I can see this being an issue if you have to assault a bunker with him and you enter in more than one combat.

Maybe Omryn lost all AP this way and is stuck in some bunker forever?