What are the triggers for major events (ambushes, counter attacks etc.)?

J1v1n

I have heard various events like ambushes or counter attacks and the like get triggered due to certain actions or at certain points in time.
Which specific action triggers which specific major event? 🥳

Let me start with the haunted mansion in G8. If you catch the butler spooking around outside at midnight and talk to him down in the basement, a gang of hoodlums will wait on you as soon as you make your way out of the basement.

3 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

I have heard various events like ambushes or counter attacks and the like get triggered due to certain actions or at certain points in time.
Which specific action triggers which specific major event? 🥳

Let me start with the haunted mansion in G8. If you catch the butler spooking around outside at midnight and talk to him down in the basement, a gang of hoodlums will wait on you as soon as you make your way out of the basement.

I think not, you actually need to prompt dialogue. Dialogue branch goes like

-You are the one who is planting mines

-"exposition"

-Gangers announce they came for treasure

-HALP ME PLEASE

if someone be kind and check it please i dont have a save there. If player dont accuse butler, ambush still happens or not? 

I have observed the following events that are maybe linked to the things I did:

- Corazon betrayal / Refugee Camp event: ~4 weeks after gamestart, although I suspect the number of mines you own plays a role here (I think 3 is the magic number). I can't tell if it was the date or the number of mines I owned that triggered it

- Biff asks for help: When I take over the Pentagruel mine after hitting 100% loyalty and speaking to Chimurenga. Although I think he also asks if you come too close to his position. But when you deal with the assault squad, he seems to hold out quite nicely and without any timer

- Army attacks: you either go the the Refugee Camp and trigger it directly, or you're halfway at 2 tiles away from the Major's camp, that also triggers it - otherwise you're safe and the plot doesn't move on

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LXant said:

I have observed the following events that are maybe linked to the things I did:

- Corazon betrayal / Refugee Camp event: ~4 weeks after gamestart, although I suspect the number of mines you own plays a role here (I think 3 is the magic number). I can't tell if it was the date or the number of mines I owned that triggered it

- Biff asks for help: When I take over the Pentagruel mine after hitting 100% loyalty and speaking to Chimurenga. Although I think he also asks if you come too close to his position. But when you deal with the assault squad, he seems to hold out quite nicely and without any timer

- Army attacks: you either go the the Refugee Camp and trigger it directly, or you're halfway at 2 tiles away from the Major's camp, that also triggers it - otherwise you're safe and the plot doesn't move on

additional info if you wanna add.

-Biff is timed too. If you take too long time, it happens. My first or second play through(it took very long time, crafting ammo and training militia everywhere i could), i have never went north but i went south/south east(to solve haunted mansion). After reaching Hermit's Shack it got triggered and i have never reached him in time.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 4:21 PM, LXant said:

Just to add to this, in my game it happened when I had only one (1) mine.

1 minute ago, D13 said:

Just to add to this, in my game it happened when I had only one (1) mine.

Then it seems there's no way to avoid the event. Maybe if you avoid taking any mines at all? Other than that I'm out of ideas.