How to postpone the occurrence of refugee massacre?

qianye

I have many tasks related to refugee camps have not been completed. When I first entered the refugee camp, there was a slaughter.
How do I postpone them? At least let it happen after I complete all tasks related to refugee camps.

The only way to postpone the Refugee camp crisis is when you get a distress call from Biff, to intercept the attacking Légion squad before it reaches his sector.

The Légion won't send additional squads and you should be safe for a few months leaving Biff up north. Just do not approach the A20 sector within 2 tiles, that will also trigger the Refugee camp crisis automatically.

2 minutes ago, Melliores said:

The only way to postpone the Refugee camp crisis is when you get a distress call from Biff, to intercept the attacking Légion squad before it reaches his sector.

The Légion won't send additional squads and you should be safe for a few months leaving Biff up north. Just do not approach the A20 sector within 2 tiles, that will also trigger the Refugee camp crisis automatically.

That's how I did it. I intercepted the enemy's army to attack Bifu's army, but when I arrived at the refugee camp, the massacre still happened.
The slaughter of refugee camps seems to have little to do with Bififer.
I think I may need to look at the code to know the specific mechanism.

Did you intercept the squad before it reached the sector where Biff is located (A8 if I recall) or you managed to catch them enroute?

You must not enter the A8 sector where Biff is, otherwise that will trigger the Refugee camp crisis once you decide Biff's fate.

27 minutes ago, Melliores said:

Did you intercept the squad before it reached the sector where Biff is located (A8 if I recall) or you managed to catch them enroute?

You must not enter the A8 sector where Biff is, otherwise that will trigger the Refugee camp crisis once you decide Biff's fate.

I intercepted the enemy in D11 and never went to Bifu.

I heard that there are many triggers in this incident.
Even if you do nothing, it will happen after a certain period of time.

It may have something to do with the number of mines you capture. I think 2 or 3 set a countdown in motion, and then it just happens.

Try to avoid getting a 3rd mine and see if that changes anything. I'd avoid A2, not talk to Chimurenga when you have 100% loyalty with Pentagruel, and only keep the mines of Fleatown and maybe Port Cacao.

Other than that, in my experience Biff has not much to do with the Refugee Camp event.

The Biff mission is one of the possible triggers. In my first playthrough I received the call to come back to the refugee camp before I ever met Biff or got his call for help.

Here are some developer notes from the game files about what triggers that call, the addition of specifics in parentheses for the first two conditions are additions by me:

Completed when the player received a radio call with an invitation from Corazon to come to the Refugee Camp.

After the situation there is resolved OR the player didn't come, the world flip happens and the player receives the 3 final quests - to defeat Corazon, Faucheux and the Major. At this point saving the President is now a side goal to defeating the Major.

-- BoyanNote - I made the quest note hidden so it doesn't show up as a checkmark completed objective.

Will actually resolve as the player progresses in the game. The betrayal happens at the end of this quest.

• Currently it check total territory controlled by the player. If the player has control of enough mines or cities. (4 mines, 12 city sectors, 70 sectors. This condition has the time delay of 24-48, does not specify units or how the delay works exactly)
  • If the player is getting close to the Major. (ownership of sector C & D 14-16)
  • If time has passed since the start of the campaign.
  • If you have completed Biff quest.
  • All conditions are OR
  • Some of these conditions have a timed delay.

13 hours ago, Attempt said:

The Biff mission is one of the possible triggers. In my first playthrough I received the call to come back to the refugee camp before I ever met Biff or got his call for help.

Here are some developer notes from the game files about what triggers that call, the addition of specifics in parentheses for the first two conditions are additions by me:

Can it be more detailed?

8 hours ago, qianye said:

Can it be more detailed?

These are the developer notes and values from the games source files. I don't know how to make it more detailed other than literally posting large chunks of source code (which the devs probably don't want us to do).

1 minute ago, Attempt said:

These are the developer notes and values from the games source files. I don't know how to make it more detailed other than literally posting large chunks of source code (which the devs probably don't want us to do).

Thank you, then I can only verify it in subsequent games.