Is there really a limit to skill improvements?

brato

Is there a limit on skill improvement?

My imp is level 10 now, which is max level, which is fine. I'm saving perks for later, when she's good enough.

But I haven't seen a skill improvement in a long time. The last one was a health +1 like ages ago.

I'd hate it if she couldn't get any better anymore. If that were so, what's the point of playing on?

Can anyone confirm yes/no?

20230804_132149.jpg

Skills get increased fairly often, especially if you have high wisdom and let others train you. The higher their skill, the better.

Otherwise you're learning by doing, and I think the limit is one skill point per 24 hrs. You get health by healing from wounds, Leadership from training militia and so on.

Then you can (and should) always buy all the magazines you can get your hands on. Free skill points once per week, Fleatown alone has two of those traders.

At least you have high wisdom, that's the hardest to train. But after that comes leadership, which determines the speed of your squad. There's no reason not to have it on 85 with your IMP character.

"You only gain 5 statGainingPoints per level, when you advanced 20% toward the next level, 40%, 60%, 80% then when you reach a new level.
Level-10 mercs can still gain statGainingPoints when they get 2000 XP past the level-10 milestone, then when they get 4100 XP (2000+2100) past level-10, then 6300 XP (4100 + 2200), then 8600 XP (6300+2300) so basically they get their n-th points after 2000*n + 100*n*(n-1)/2 XP."

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3006910846

do you play on hardest setting? my melee IMP is far more better than yours at lvl-6. playing commando. but i did lots of training and and read books too. i am a hardworking merc 🙂

btw i think there are some skill caps for chars. for example i could only get +2 points from training after some point.

20230805230850_1.thumb.jpg.24656e98fb7571c94081426fd0b03d9b.jpg

52 minutes ago, shadoww said:

do you play on hardest setting? my melee IMP is far more better than yours at lvl-6. playing commando. but i did lots of training and and read books too. i am a hardworking merc 🙂

btw i think there are some skill caps for chars. for example i could only get +2 points from training after some point.

20230805230850_1.thumb.jpg.24656e98fb7571c94081426fd0b03d9b.jpg

Hm. You've got way better skill numbers for your imp. Did you start with the vanilla skill point maximum, or do have a mod to let you freely distribute?

I play Commando as well. but my imp is by herself and can't be taught by other mercs. Too bad practicing a skill ain't possible anymore.

24 minutes ago, brato said:

Hm. You've got way better skill numbers for your imp. Did you start with the vanilla skill point maximum, or do have a mod to let you freely distribute?

He explained it: training and skill books. Especially training is powerful, if you have a good teacher. When you start at zero, you get up to 30 skill points and more for two days of leveling. And even in higher skill ranges you still get 2 or 3 for a two day training session.

That also means that no, you can't do training if you play solo. You need another merc to train you, who has a higher skill than you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brato said:

I play Commando as well. but my imp is by herself and can't be taught by other mercs. Too bad practicing a skill ain't possible anymore.

yeah just like he said i started with 1-1-1 MEC-EXP-MED maxed out mental stats including LDR then put rest of points to MRK then trained it.

the mods i play are not game changing things -mostly visual- if you dont count increasing squad size to 7.

Edited by shadoww