ridiculous underground requirement for imprisoning jackhammer

shadoww

what was the reason behind this can i ask? what would devs thought when they decided to make this weird decison? as if anyone doesnt know about this, as far as i read from steam posts (because i didnt get imprison option in my 2 PTs), you can not imprison jackhammer if you dont clear underground first before talking to him! what kind of person stop fighting in sector and go to underground can someone tell me? why would you go to underground of sector if the surface sector is full of enemies? more than that doing this in ja2 considered defeat and would let morale loss.

so my question is clear, why cant we imprison jackhammer before clearing the underground? if underground is requirement then why is he staying on surface? he should have been in underground already. i am pretty sure 90% of the people talk with jackhammer before entering underground sector which is pretty much normal behaviour from human being.

Edited by shadoww

There is a separate entrance to the underground level. It's not that unfeasible to first go there and then use the other way out, where you end up in Jackhammer's office on your way to the surface.

But that aside, it's the first I hear about imprisoning Jackhammer? I always killed him. Is there any benefit to not killing him?

If you do not clear the underground part first, Jackhammer's guards will still be there, alive and armed. Imagine the following situation - you tell Jackhammer he will be imprisoned, he gets his walky-talky to check on his men and they confirm that they still have the whole main cell block under control. He will simply laugh at your face.

Even you try to handcuff him and bring him down to the cells, there is no way the guards will work with you. By the way, all of the cells are underground - the above ground section is just for the prison guards and some exercise areas for the prisoners.

The underground entrance is right there when you enter the prison - the level design of the sector tempts you to go underground first and then go through the back entrance to surprise Jackhammer. Naturally, there are more ways than one to handle the sector.

@LXant

I sent him to jail and as far as I can tell, there is no immediate result from this. That said, probably in the end game credits it will be mentioned. 🙂

35 minutes ago, Melliores said:

I sent him to jail and as far as I can tell, there is no immediate result from this. That said, probably in the end game credits it will be mentioned.

Not one to disappoint you, but no, it won't.

If you want, I can tell you all the things that go into the ending.

6 hours ago, Melliores said:

If you do not clear the underground part first, Jackhammer's guards will still be there, alive and armed. Imagine the following situation - you tell Jackhammer he will be imprisoned, he gets his walky-talky to check on his men and they confirm that they still have the whole main cell block under control. He will simply laugh at your face.

Even you try to handcuff him and bring him down to the cells, there is no way the guards will work with you. By the way, all of the cells are underground - the above ground section is just for the prison guards and some exercise areas for the prisoners.

The underground entrance is right there when you enter the prison - the level design of the sector tempts you to go underground first and then go through the back entrance to surprise Jackhammer. Naturally, there are more ways than one to handle the sector.

@LXant

I sent him to jail and as far as I can tell, there is no immediate result from this. That said, probably in the end game credits it will be mentioned. 🙂

this can be easily fixed by putting jackhammer in underground office. we could be faced some senior enemy on top instead jackhammer.

like i said in ja2 entering another sector before clearing current one in is considered defeat and retreat and let you morale loss. i bet majority of the players didnt go to underground first before clearing enemies on top.

as for imagining, how about i would tell jackhammer -which is about to die!!- to go to prison, he would tell in pain, go home and dont come back to all of his guards then my mercs would be simply laugh at jackhammer's coward enemies face!

Edited by shadoww