Was the release of the mod tools pushed back?

Dumeka

Just wondering when we will get any news about them.

In the dev streams back then you guys said you will release the first part mid august (which was today) but there are no news or updates yet.

That's why I'm asking in the first place. 🙂

Would be great to have some infos.

• Like 1

Haemimont should probably focus on fixing core game bugs before introducing additional complexity, which may not only add more bugs, but also make existing ones more difficult to analyze. They've already said they're triaging bug reports based on whether or not the reporter is using mods, prioritizing those who are not.

They said they are working on the mods tools and would take a small summer break after the launch. Good on them, and let them test the mod tools as well. There is plenty of content currently, we just need a balance patch or two and the mod tools to make the game truly a gem. 🙂

So far we have not had news from them since the last stream on 31.07.2023.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 10:31 PM, Raeven said:

"mid august" is not a day, it's a time range.

Even that's true we have already the 19th today and still no release of the first part of the mod tools or anything else so it's less then two weeks now until the august is over.

On 8/17/2023 at 1:50 AM, D13 said:

Haemimont should probably focus on fixing core game bugs before introducing additional complexity, which may not only add more bugs, but also make existing ones more difficult to analyze. They've already said they're triaging bug reports based on whether or not the reporter is using mods, prioritizing those who are not.

To be honest I don't know what bugs are out there because I never experienced any, either as solo or in my co op game with a friend so far. 😕

On 8/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, Melliores said:

They said they are working on the mods tools and would take a small summer break after the launch. Good on them, and let them test the mod tools as well. There is plenty of content currently, we just need a balance patch or two and the mod tools to make the game truly a gem. 🙂

So far we have not had news from them since the last stream on 31.07.2023.

Oh, I didn't catched that with the vacations, my bad. ^_^

Very well earned though cause I love the game so far and I have already brought almost all the JA2 and M.E.R.C. mercenaries back with the editor we have now (with a few prior npc, now playable additions too). :)