Inventory

qwaqwe

Well, its kinda graphics of their time. Wouldn say that bight and colorful is neccessarily better.

Btw: One little detail in JA2 inventory is actually the black merc shade in the background. That's actually representing a couple of different shapes. Thats when I saw that Speck isn't actually the small, fat boy with glasses...but turtle is...sans glasses ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A good inventory system is very important, but please don't make it cartoony. Also don't forget sector inventory!

The last two Jagged Alliance games(Flashback and RAGE) had absolutely terrible inventory systems. RAGE's was probably the worst I've ever seen in any game.

I think the 1.13 "improved" inventory system is amazing. I love the LBE mechanic because you can seriously overload a MERC if you aren't careful. Like a merc with only 50 strength might only be able to hold a rifle, sidearm, and a few magazines. Backpack? Forget it. Rucksack? No way.

I know it's very indepth but that is something I love about that mod.

• Like 1

It's not so much the amount of inventory slots that does it for me, but the amount of customization you can apply to items going into those slots.

I'd be perfectly happy with a very minimalistic inventory like in XCOM or JA: Rage!, if we could expand items by adding things to them. Like night vision equipment etc. on a helmet, or separate slots for armor plates, additional pockets for ammo/grenades, camouflage equipment and so on for body armor.

Then there's the whole question of visual customization. I really hope we'll get quite a bit of options here, or at least a high degree of moddability.