I WAS WRONG WITH THE HIT PERCENTAGE!!!

Martin

WOW I just saw the latest dev stream and I was so wrong with wanting to have hit percentage in the game even toggle on/off.... you would just move and find the best place,, like pixel hunting for percentages of hitting... that game would be so boring and stupid... there needs to be NO hit percentage only hints what makes the shot more or less efective like it is now in the game... Boyan Ivanov was right when he said that in the stream... people playing it were only serching for the best position and not actualy playing the game as a bigger picture... throwing stuff and doing melee... only searching the percentage numbers... TRUST ME WE DONT WANT THE PERCENTAGE ON SHOOTING... thx for reading 😄 

• Like 5

thank you for sharing your opinion!
its wrong.

the steam forums have unanimously agreed that not showing chance to hit was a drastic mistake and they have posts like "I dont think they are joking"

even the press that I think is sometimes very stupid has agreed that not showing hit percent was a mistake.

if the devs want to avoid "pixel hunting" which is fun and a good thing, they should implement mechanics like: having an extra cost to start running vs continuing running like in ja 2, they should avoid showing the full hit percent until you ADS and have a "look" type function which counts as a separate action and they should also spread the level out more so that moving tile by tile wouldnt make a difference

they should also ask why each tile has such a different percent to hit that people are "pixel hunting"

its not the job of the devs to tell us how to play their rpg correctly. this is like nanny type behaviour. "I dont like it that the userbaseis doing not what we intended and are having fun doing it". if theres such a huge difference in aim chance between tiles then maybe that should be investigated.

in any case I think this decision will go down in history as possibly one of the greatest trainwrecks to happen that you could see happening a mile off. the fact that they extended development to do it I hope ends up being correct becauseif you made a very bad move AND have taken extra development time to do it thats like catastrophic.

if this chance to hit situation ends up being bad this will be a titanic level disaster, and i mean the boat "titanic" not the adjective

oh and for some reason everybody thinks its a bad decision but here where there have already been numerous sock accusations. on steam theres 10 posts all saying not showing chance to hit is a bad idea, i come here, its the completely opposite situation, which is definitely enough to make one suspicios, especially with posts like Martins that sounda bit...shall we say fake?

3 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

I agree that it's the right decision not to include CTH for a plethora of reasons I've said before. Showing CTH just changes the gameplay in a way that makes the game less fun.

sorry I mustve not seen them can you tell us what they are if you can?

58 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

oh and for some reason everybody thinks its a bad decision but here where there have already been numerous sock accusations. on steam theres 10 posts all saying not showing chance to hit is a bad idea, i come here, its the completely opposite situation, which is definitely enough to make one suspicios, especially with posts like Martins that sounda bit...shall we say fake?

Has it occurred to you that there may be a difference between the community that visits this forum and the Steam forums? Has it occurred to you that maybe this community has more longtime Jagged Alliance fans, the ones that played the original games with no chance-to-hit?

Just now, Godzilla said:

sorry I mustve not seen them can you tell us what they are if you can?

I don't have an exact list so I'm gonna make one for copy and pasting in the future. haha

1. People will not take shots if they are less than a certain percentage to hit. Most people use a cutoff of around 75-85% and won't take a shot that has less than that.

2. If a shot is missed with a 95% CTH, people get pissed off. This can lead to save scumming as they know that if they reload they should make the shot the next time since it's 95%. If you don't know the CTH and you miss, your less likely to reload.

3. Less arrant bullets interacting with the world in general which can lead to less destruction of objects or friendly fire. Removing CTH makes firefights less predictable.

4. Firefights don't last as long and as you end up moving closer to enemies to get a higher CTH instead of taking pot shots that miss.

5. Less ammo usage since your not taking as many shots leading to less resources management/acquirement.

6. Pixel hunting for the perfect spot to get the highest CTH possible.

7. Mercs will all end up feeling like snipers because they will rarely miss since your not taking shots that have less than a 75-85% CTH.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DougS2K said:

I don't have an exact list so I'm gonna make one for copy and pasting in the future. haha

1. People will not take shots if they are less than a certain percentage to hit. Most people use a cutoff of around 75-85% and won't take a shot that has less than that.

2. If a shot is missed with a 95% CTH, people get pissed off. This can lead to save scumming as they know that if they reload they should make the shot the next time since it's 95%. If you don't know the CTH and you miss, your less likely to reload.

3. Less arrant bullets interacting with the world in general which can lead to less destruction of objects or friendly fire. Removing CTH makes firefights less predictable.

4. Firefights don't last as long and as you end up moving closer to enemies to get a higher CTH instead of taking pot shots that miss.

5. Less ammo usage since your not taking as many shots leading to less resources management/acquirement.

6. Pixel hunting for the perfect spot to get the highest CTH possible.

7. Mercs will all end up feeling like snipers because they will rarely miss since your not taking shots that have less than a 75-85% CTH.

thanks

10 minutes ago, Stuurminator said:

Has it occurred to you that there may be a difference between the community that visits this forum and the Steam forums? Has it occurred to you that maybe this community has more longtime Jagged Alliance fans, the ones that played the original games with no chance-to-hit?

oh no its the yeller, yelling (again)

not really, steam has very tough to bypass verification checks to post on their forums, while here just about anybody can make an account. havent people already been banned for using socks?

plus the idea that everything about original ja2 was better and should be maintained is clearly bad logic. the tone and essence should be maintained with the understanding that jagged alliance came out in the early period of computer games and as such missed a LOT of features that would become standard later.

we dont blame homm3 for having 720x400 resolution and we dont expect the sequels to not modernize clearly outdated and overlooked or unfinished features like not showing chance to hit.