PLEASE DONT MAKE THE ENEMIES BLIND LOL

Martin

The line of sight needs to be more harder... enemies look blind looking at the player and yeah... nothing... kinda weird do you agree? I hope in harder dificulties there it will be harder or it is truly wrong... Am I the only one that is pissed about the blind enemies? JA2 got it right with the night sneaking actualy working and the masking night vision UV Vision.. so on so on sneaking and so on.. 

• Like 1

if you mean stealth yeah and ifyou mean in general how battles are triggered also yeah.

it appears that the devs are going for a more crpg type philosophy, which im not against necessarily but in a crpg you can usually position yourself around an enemy force pretty easily, and then trigger combat.

I agree. The Line Of Sight distance seems far too short, especially over open ground, during the day and with clear weather. I don't know what those distances would be during night time and rain, if they are like they are now.

I still don't know how big the maps will be. We have only seen a few so far. They look wonderfully detailed but I would really want larger environments. One of the things I loved about JA2 was how big each sector map was. This needs to remain for JA3. It also greatly influences the types of weapons used. If the maps are small, you don't need long range weapons. You could just use handguns and sub-machine guns if ranges are that low. Those shorter ranged guns should be reserved for clearing out buildings or fighting in dense terrain.

The XCOM reboot had smaller environments compared to the originals, which I didn't like either (although the earlier X-COM II: Terror From The Deep had some locations that were way too big).

Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Like 1

Few is good, i saw possibly around %30 - 35 of the game already and all of those sectors were pretty small, so i doubt if later on there will be way bigger sectors, may a few sectors will be just slightly bigger. Which will kill the fighting & exploration feeling.

Enemy sights were pi$$ poor so far from what i have seen in the Beta gameplay, so hopefully they will balance the sight distance but maybe in highest difficulty the enemies will be having a better sight, who knows ?

Yes, it might have been due to it being a preview or a tutorial, rather than letting everything happen all at once.

I am wondering how big the maps will be when you reach towns, rather than villages. Would it feel like a town if the map only had room for three buildings?

Edited by Solaris_Wave