JA3 Features Poll

Elite77

JA3 Features Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aspect of JA3 Do you think needs more Work/Should be Removed, or you are Concerned About?

• Inventory System
    • Weapons
    • Ammunition
    • Cone Overwatch
    • Talent System and Talent Abilities
    • No Chance to Hit
    • No Face Items
    • Abilities like Run and Gun
    • States of Character like "Inspired"
    • Full Auto Damage Debuff
    • Knives Buff
    • Sniping & Combat Scale (much shorter distance)
    • Perk System
    • Craftable Mods for Weapons & Craftable Ammo
    • Enemies Repositioning Upon Detection
    • Dialogue UI and System
    • Writing In General
    • Portraits or Outfits of Mercs
    • Merc Count
    • Weapon Count
  2. 2. Cont'd

• UI
    • Next-turn sniping shot that uses AP from previous turn (looks like somebody pointing a laser at somebody)

5 minutes ago, Stuurminator said:

Evolve or die, as they say. Jagged Alliance 2 wasn't a straight rework of Jagged Alliance 1, and they were four years apart. It's been six times that gap since Jagged Alliance 3 came out.

You have to experiment to improve, and not all experiments are successful. I know I won't like everything in JA3, but I'll approach it with an open mind.

Yeah guess you're right. I'm just growing old and live on nostalgia when it comes to games. In fact, I haven't bought a game since 5 years since none of the crap they produce these days inspires me.

It's either all been done before, reworked in a very bad way, stuffed with high res visuals (which I don't like) but lacking storylines or combinations of those. The last games I played intensively were COD2, COD:MW (original one) and H&G. 

I find myself having way more fun with classics suchs as Stronghold Crusader, Settlers 3D and of course JA2 these days. All successors failed to trigger me and basically most of them horribly failed on the game market too. Something I expect this game will do to, having it end up in a Steam Sale within a year. 

Might pick it up then for a fiver but no way I would pay 45 bucks for it.  

25 minutes ago, ShadowMagic said:

Almost checked them all 😞 

I expected JA3 becoming nothing more than an Isometric - straight to the point rework of JA2 with a new storyline, but the more I get to read and see (especially the awful art style, 3rd person / zoom view and unrecognizable characters) the less enthousiastic I get.

Perhaps time to move on and stop spilling my salt here 😄

Do you know Urban Strife already? I know it’s different in many regards as JA, but I like the art style, which is a closer modernization of the JA style as I would have imagined it.

12 minutes ago, Stuurminator said:

You have to experiment to improve, and not all experiments are successful. I know I won't like everything in JA3, but I'll approach it with an open mind.

It would have been more true to people's expectations if the experiment went in the direction of Phoenix Point though, at least in terms of gunplay (layered destructible terrain, actual shot simulation, limb damage, etc.).

1 hour ago, Stuurminator said:

Evolve or die, as they say. Jagged Alliance 2 wasn't a straight rework of Jagged Alliance 1, and they were four years apart. It's been six times that gap since Jagged Alliance 3 came out.

True...ish.

1 You don't have to fix what isn't broken or iterate on something that already works, for fear of getting some small concern fixed, but messing up and creating 10 other problems. Trust me, good time tested mechanics everybody likes (well, some people like), are more than fine. Give people just a very good or even average product with good solid mechanics, and nobody will complain, only true like whiners upset that they didn't get a personal massage from the King with the product.

2 I agree that experimentation is good...but only as long as the things being added are actually good and fit with the genre. I think maybe some of the moves took JA3 out of strategy and more into CRPG territory.

I didn't need JA3 to be a reworking of JA2 but I was hoping for more realism mixed in with the latest graphics capabilities. I'm not a graphics snob and will still happily play more graphically primitive games but having a full 3D engine is handy, as you can rotate and zoom the camera to get the perspective you want (if you want to change it at all).

Realism-wise, I would prefer to see weapons relating to their real life counterparts, providing enough parameters are programmed into the game in the first place. The inventory system following logical and realistic design would have been another priority. There could definitely be something in between JA2 vanilla and v1.13, without having containers fitting inside containers, fitting inside more containers.

Larger battlefields with fully destructible scenery would be the next desire. Games might be more flashy these days with more effects but in turn, the machines that run them are more powerful. Having a smaller battlefield sounds more like a design decision rather than hiding any technical limitations.

Perks and traits I am fine with, as long as they sound sensible. If they sound like something a superhero character would have, then I feel like I am playing a 'silly, fun game' rather than a serious one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Castle said:

You also should've added the option to ask people if they want Bobby Ray back, might be a hot topic for some (I don't mind personally, I'm sure there's some kind of replacement).

Yes, I would have definitely selected yes for this option. 

Bobby? Bobby, where are you?!?!

spacer.png