Facilites? Strategic locations like Hospitals, Army Camps, Fortifications, Repair Shops?

GODSPEED

What kind of facilities or sectors on a map, that create strategic locations to capture, defend, destroy or infiltrate, would you like to see?

So many questions... so many devs on vacation... Enjoy your time off!

...'cause when you get back... there will be hell to pay!
(Well, maybe not "hell", but these forums and us crazies).

Anyways, it's as much a question for devs as a question to get our minds thinking and just dreaming;

While I was looking at the screenshots, I noticed the one that has the huge cannon.. While I think this is flavour decoration for theme and setting, I would like to think that this could potentially be a very important location. Maybe this is a cannon you could use to "soften" certain areas before you assault them.

Imagine a well fortified sector that would be extremely hard to capture/assault, but if you had this artillery sector, you could launch a few shells, maybe softenning up some defenses, breaching a few walls, eradicating a few redshirts... giving you brand new options when assaulting that sector that was previously too hard.

I also enjoy being assaulted (the pain baby!! 😍) as much as assaulting, so I think having strategic locations that provide a benefit create that extra layer of strategy, as you don't want to lose them.

One of the most interesting locations I seriously enjoyed as much for the idea behind it as the creepy feeling it gave, was the Tixa prison sector in JA2. I still remember the first time finding that prison.. that feeling was incredible! So much mystery, drama and it was just such a neat area to go through.

But they have to be really strategic and worth keeping and defending. Not like in JA2, where only the sam sites and the mines were worth it.

There was a hospital in Cambria. There were people in cities, where we could fix miscellaneous things. There was a training base in Alma. The question is whether anyone has ever used their services, since everything was done by our mercenaries anyway. The balance here  was not entirely correct.

Tixa, Orta, the gas station, the sellers in Balime, the queen's prison, were just for getting the gear, and then we could forget about those sectors.

The strategic sectors  requires a lot more complexity in the game and we don't know what level of it are in the vision of this game by the Devs.

23 hours ago, Inveris said:

But they have to be really strategic and worth keeping and defending. Not like in JA2, where only the sam sites and the mines were worth it.

There was a hospital in Cambria. There were people in cities, where we could fix miscellaneous things. There was a training base in Alma. The question is whether anyone has ever used their services, since everything was done by our mercenaries anyway. The balance here  was not entirely correct.

The Hospital and the Training Base were pretty invaluable, as they greatly increased the speed of said services.

Were they necessary? Nah.. I've played a few times without even bothering with them. But that's kind of the fun of it too.. whether something is worth it to YOU or not really.

This is why they can't have too many of these or else it becomes a nightmare to defend too many locations. But I think it's important for the setting, the theme, the immersion and just for roleplay to have services and facilities that aren't ABSOLUTELY necessary to keep at all cost.

Not all locations have to be important or valuable, just discovering them and uncovering what those areas are, and the story behind it, can be fun enough. Maybe some locations give you information, while others reward you with money, items.. .

• Like 1