Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ninteno switch


Mischa
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

If they want make serious money they surely need to bring it for PlayStation (PS4 & PS5) as most gamers are on this console (XCOM 2 made the best sells also on PS4), i honestly would not play it on PC and wait still they release it on PS5 (possibly after the original release 5 or 6 months later, which means i would not be able to play JA3 possibly still mid or late 2023.)

 

Gotta pop up the trophies 1 by 1 with lots of joy on JA3 still i get %100 platinum. Am sure i will play from start to finish at least 20 times.

Edited by LoboNocturno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To each his own, I have nothing against consoles, honestly!

I think consoles are great for certain types of games more than others.

I do think strategy games with complexity and large inventory and macro/micro-management such as Jagged Alliance 1 and 2 not ideal on console; not impossible, just not ideal.

IF and ONLY IF it was possible not to water down the game for consoles... then, why not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

To each his own, I have nothing against consoles, honestly!

I think consoles are great for certain types of games more than others.

I do think strategy games with complexity and large inventory and macro/micro-management such as Jagged Alliance 1 and 2 not ideal on console; not impossible, just not ideal.

IF and ONLY IF it was possible not to water down the game for consoles... then, why not?

I totally agree with you on JA1 & also with JA2. (Even The Commandos Remake on PS4 was imo a total disaster.)

 

But Jagged Alliance Rage on PlayStation (4,5) felt super good and as you can see XCOM 2 was a real hit on consoles and pretty easy to handle with the controller and so will be JA3.

 

And as i said JA3 would make lots of money once they release it also for consoles (especially for PlayStation & XBOX).

Edited by LoboNocturno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

But Jagged Alliance Rage on PlayStation (4,5) felt super good and as you can see XCOM 2 was a real hit on consoles and pretty easy to handle with the controller and so will be JA3.

I guess this might be where our opinions differ, and they are only opinions, naturally. (I like sharing my opinions and hope they stay friendly) 🍻

Rage was the first JA game I never completed, I actually only played about an hour before I quit and uninstalled because it really didn't feel like Jagged Alliance in any way. Jagged Alliance is about choice, inventory, management. Actually, if there was one word I could use to sum up the gameplay of Jagged Alliance 1 & 2, it would be "FREEDOM".

You have the ultimate freedom of approaching situations in any way you want, from all out assault to trying to sneak, either day or night. This freedom means everyone will have a different style of play, from different mercs we compose our teams of (from our own stereotypes, "racism", fondness, etc..), or different types of weapon styles, etc.. there is something for EVERYONE.

I felt rage was a little bit like JA Online in taking away freedom and giving you set puzzle pieces to challenge you, maybe a little closer to the modern xcom formula.

Unfortunately, without going into too much detail here, because many know my viewpoint on the modern xcom; let's just say, I did finish xcom 1 & 2, and I've never went back. Not my style.

For myself, I really hope they stick to the original formula, which was very unique and would be something that would make it standout from the overcrowded xcom-clones we have. If we get anothe xcom-like game, it'll simply sit somewhere in a wishlist of "maybe I will eventually play it after a heavy sale".

Sorry if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear... I mean, if you enjoyed Rage? then I mean that is really good and it's nice to see someone not thrash talk it in a way.

Edited by GODSPEED
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, GODSPEED said:

I guess this might be where our opinions differ, and they are only opinions, naturally. (I like sharing my opinions and hope they stay friendly) 🍻

Rage was the first JA game I never completed, I actually only played about an hour before I quit and uninstalled because it really didn't feel like Jagged Alliance in any way. Jagged Alliance is about choice, inventory, management. Actually, if there was one word I could use to sum up the gameplay of Jagged Alliance 1 & 2, it would be "FREEDOM".

You have the ultimate freedom of approaching situations in any way you want, from all out assault to trying to sneak, either day or night. This freedom means everyone will have a different style of play, from different mercs we compose our teams of (from our own stereotypes, "racism", fondness, etc..), or different types of weapon styles, etc.. there is something for EVERYONE.

I felt rage was a little bit like JA Online in taking away freedom and giving you set puzzle pieces to challenge you, maybe a little closer to the modern xcom formula.

Unfortunately, without going into too much detail here, because many know my viewpoint on the modern xcom; let's just say, I did finish xcom 1 & 2, and I've never went back. Not my style.

For myself, I really hope they stick to the original formula, which was very unique and would be something that would make it standout from the overcrowded xcom-clones we have. If we get anothe xcom-like game, it'll simply sit somewhere in a wishlist of "maybe I will eventually play it after a heavy sale".

Sorry if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear... I mean, if you enjoyed Rage? then I mean that is really good and it's nice to see someone not thrash talk it in a way.

Rage wasnt great but still a fun game imo with the lil missions you got there. The weapon variety is also very rich which i enjoyed most but surely it is nothing near to JA1 and far far away from JA2. Hopefully JA3 will be more like JA2 but may we just dreaming....

Freedom is surely a key point, but Rage was just a lil appetizer anyway. 😉👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...