JA3 v1.5 is up. What's next?

Remi1987

Hi gents. Just going through my 2nd playthrough now. I'm on v1.5, diff Impossible, some great settings activated, I'm totally loving it.

Exploring the new U-bahn, Bobby Ray's, extra quests and overall it feels MUCH more polished. It's fantastic.

I'm curious" what's planned next in development, something big still, like a v1.6? Reason I'm asking, I haven't seen this announced anywhere.

• Like 1

Expansion pack I suspect, maybe. Depends if the devs want to move on or not, and how much they want to keep developing the existing game. It seems like there's still interest in making new content, so maybe they'll do an expansion pack.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, haemimont_mladen said:

It was announced on the last twitch stream, that development of JA3 has concluded. There won't be any more updates other than a hotfix. On the bright side, that means mods won't break anymore, so it's now safe to begin work on the JA2 remake mod 😉

Well, I certainly hoped for some additional content in form of expansions/DLC. But I also understand that every project has to end at some point and then it's time to move on.

The important part is that the game turned out great and wasn't left unfinished in any way. The first true JA game in a long time deserving its name.

On 2/21/2024 at 12:01 PM, user45 said:

Expansion pack I suspect, maybe. Depends if the devs want to move on or not, and how much they want to keep developing the existing game. It seems like there's still interest in making new content, so maybe they'll do an expansion pack.

Well, with this 'engine' they built or how to call it now that JA3 runs on, it's perfect for either a new map, set of mercs, or some serious other upgrades. I will insta-buy it undoubtedly.

• Like 2