Multiplayer Co-op mode

Rick

I am a whole bunch excited for multiplayer, hopefully they can make it interesting enough. Always wanted to play the older games with friends. Deadly Games had player versus player mode back in the day if I'm not completely mistaken, but I never got to play against real people back then.

45 minutes ago, BossWeapons said:

Deadly Games had player versus player mode back in the day if I'm not completely mistaken, but I never got to play against real people back then.

Still does, if you're interested.  GOG has patched their version to fix some of the issues with the original release and get it to play better on modern operating systems.  For an almost 30 year old game, it is pretty decent.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yeah, multiplayer has been on my wishlist ever since I played fake coop JA2 with my brother (we would simply hand over the controls for different mercs).

Xcom had a versus and it was exciting, but very broken. You couldn't finish a single match without a crash at least on PlayStation.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Wigen said:

If an MP mode was added, it should be added later after the successful debut of the single player mode.

Sure, I agree. Why would it stay strictly single player though? Commandos 2 is a single-player game, yet it has an excellent co-op option that doesn't harm the game in anyway.

Versus and other modes might get more complicated, yes, but as you said, after a good start, there's plenty to be explored.

5 hours ago, Reloecc said:

Just so you guys know, JA2 1.13 supports multiplayer for up to 4 players.. both deathmatch and coop are available. JA2 v1.13 / Multiplayer (pbworks.com)

I can also remember at least way 15 years ago there was a fan made stuff where you could do death matches but it wasnt that smooth. If they could do such thing, i warmly welcome it, would be fun to fight each other in VS battles.

• 2 months later...