Another new person, another set of questions...

Sarin

1. Any idea about hardware requirements? I'm not that big gamer and I prefer old games, so I've got only an old laptop, JA3 is one of mere handful games within last 5 years that look interesting to me...for comparison, I can run Witcher 3 and XCOM 2 on low details, and that's about the limit.

2. AFAIK in the four "official" JA games (JA, DG, JA2, UB), the "commander" is the same person. Any chance we could continue that career, bringing our IMP merc from JA2/DG with us?

3. Just curious...the JA3 poster. Ivan, Buns, Tex and Fidel are clear, but the rest? Bottom one could be Buzz, top left...is that also a merc (perhaps Blood?) or is it a representation of the enemy?

That woman holding the heavy gun in the title seems to be a new character called Feuda. You can see her in the recruitment screen in the trailer.

I don't know if you are actually playing the same "chracter" in the 4 games. Also in DG you were not able to create an IMP merc. That was a JA2 feature.

Just now, Kordanor said:

That woman holding the heavy gun in the title seems to be a new character called Feuda. You can see her in the recruitment screen in the trailer.

I don't know if you are actually playing the same "chracter" in the 4 games. Also in DG you were not able to create an IMP merc. That was a JA2 feature.

AFAIK yeah, Gus throws around some references to previous meetings, even mentions he was on Metavira for a while, employed by the other side.

9 hours ago, Sarin said:

1. Any idea about hardware requirements? I'm not that big gamer and I prefer old games, so I've got only an old laptop, JA3 is one of mere handful games within last 5 years that look interesting to me...for comparison, I can run Witcher 3 and XCOM 2 on low details, and that's about the limit.

2. AFAIK in the four "official" JA games (JA, DG, JA2, UB), the "commander" is the same person. Any chance we could continue that career, bringing our IMP merc from JA2/DG with us?

3. Just curious...the JA3 poster. Ivan, Buns, Tex and Fidel are clear, but the rest? Bottom one could be Buzz, top left...is that also a merc (perhaps Blood?) or is it a representation of the enemy?

1. Looking at the screenies, I doubt it will be heavy on the laptop. The requirements on the Steam page state that you can run it on a potato on minimal settings. Ofcourse that might change near development, but I doubt it will be an unplayable hog of computer resources.

2. I believe this game will be a reboot of the franchise, and not a continuation of the story. I hope, and I think they are foolish if not, they add a new I.M.P. webpage, where you can start a new character. Maybe using the same mechanics with the multiple choices, maybe just a stat edit system. I highly doubt you can import your old character into JA3. But I am sure you can mimic him/her using JA3's new I.M.P. system (again, if they add it)

3. Top left is Vicki (the Jamaican merc (also in the trailer)). The bottom one Kordanor already identified for you; Fauda.

8 hours ago, Low_K said:

1. Looking at the screenies, I doubt it will be heavy on the laptop. The requirements on the Steam page state that you can run it on a potato on minimal settings. Ofcourse that might change near development, but I doubt it will be an unplayable hog of computer resources.

2. I believe this game will be a reboot of the franchise, and not a continuation of the story. I hope, and I think they are foolish if not, they add a new I.M.P. webpage, where you can start a new character. Maybe using the same mechanics with the multiple choices, maybe just a stat edit system. I highly doubt you can import your old character into JA3. But I am sure you can mimic him/her using JA3's new I.M.P. system (again, if they add it)

3. Top left is Vicki (the Jamaican merc (also in the trailer)). The bottom one Kordanor already identified for you; Fauda.

If that's Vicky, she must have shaved her head and underwent a sex reassignment surgery between trailer and the poster.

Anyway, why do you think that it'll be a reboot? So far, I've seen nothing suggesting that.

Yeah, thats most definitely not Vicki ^^
Either a different merc or even the main antagonist.

Jagged Alliance 3 will be a continuation of the story. For once it's finally called Jagged Alliance 3, but the main reason is the stuff you can see in the game. The screenshots show dates of 2000 and 2001. Jagged Alliance 2 was released in 1999. UB in 2000. So to me thats a clear hint that Jagged Alliance 3 is set right after these games.

In addition you can check the mercs used. It's pretty much based on JA2 mercs (there is nobody from JA1 and Red/Buns joined AIM between JA DG and JA2). And Ivan speaks english. So it cannot be before JA1 as he learnt english between JA1 and JA DG.

@Sarin@KordanorOn closer inspection, that really isn't Vicki 😄 I am Dutch, so don't actually know what I was smoking at the time. Could be the main antagist, but it also could be Blood, I agree.

Regarding the continuation; It could be but in JA2 tehere was no mention of a year, right? The date was just in Day 1, Day 2, etc. I can't remember that ingame there was mentioning of a certain date. But Kordanor is right that if you base the ingame-time on the release of the game, it could be a continuation of the story. Still, you wouldn't be able to import your merc into the new game methinks. I don;t think the two games would share some code. But like I said, I think the only option is to use the I.M.P. to generate a new merc.