I purchased JA3 on GOG - how to download / use ShowChanceToHit mod - please

marcinl0

1 hour ago, cane said:

No clue but I would suggest you skip that mod anyway. It really ruins the game experience. At least give it a try for a few hours beforehand and you will realize how much superior it is

Totally agree. There is no hit chance in vanilla, and it is the one and the only right choice for the game! Devs, please ban that mod 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, cane said:

No clue but I would suggest you skip that mod anyway. It really ruins the game experience. At least give it a try for a few hours beforehand and you will realize how much superior it is

No. 6k+ players disagree. I struggle on the easiest difficulty level with forgiving mode, without that CtH I would refund the game for sure because I would not be able to learn what I am doing wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, elDübel said:

how to install mods on gog version... stay focused, no discussion about mods...

That's a known problem of non-Steam platforms. Devs haven't put the mods to moddb or nexus yet. If you really want mods, buy games on Steam, this is why I haven't considered gog and EGS for JA3.

7 minutes ago, marcinl0 said:

"buy games on Steam, this is why I haven't considered gog and EGS for JA3" = like "NUR FUR DEUTSCHE" during WWII...

This is what you get for trying to help...

I have many games on both gog and EGS, but I seem to be much smarter than you because I learned platform differences and thought in advance which platform would be the best for my JA3 needs.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

Game developers can make the workshop mods available to the general public. Rimworld does this. Maybe haemimont will surprise us, bu t i doubt they GAF

the other option is getting the mod developer to post the mod on another site for dl

Both would be ok, making their files available on nexus or moddb would do the trick. The file in question is also small enough to be a direct download on their homepage.

But so far the devs have chosen to ignore part of their customers.

Very bad form.

14 hours ago, Tuckus said:

Game developers can make the workshop mods available to the general public. Rimworld does this. Maybe haemimont will surprise us, bu t i doubt they GAF

the other option is getting the mod developer to post the mod on another site for dl

I wouldnt if I was them. 

For your information, mods are available on the Nexus and should be ok with the GoG version. I have the Steam Version and haven't tried any mod yet.

https://www.nexusmods.com/jaggedalliance3

Below copy of te installation procedure

Install:

Create a mods folder in \%AppData%\Jagged Alliance 3\
Put the folder from the zip into that folder
Now manage through ingame mod browser

• Thanks 1

Can we please stay grounded and keep matters into perspective? The game was launched 4 days ago and had modding support from the very second it was available for download. Then the first mods appeared literally within hours (not including the two Haemimont ones).

That in and of itself is praise-worthy for a game built on legacy of modding the previous titles.

It is to be expected that new mods will take time to be uploaded on multiple platforms, for different kinds of users. Also a valid reason for the developer to not upload outside of Steam is to not facilitate pirated copies to easily get those mods. I am not sure that is their reasoning, possibly they are looking into this with their publisher (THQ Nordic) to find a better and more long-term solution. 

For example for Surviving Mars (a very good game made by Haemimont), mods were uploaded both on Steam workshop and on the Paradox mod database. The publisher for that game was Paradox.

Edited by Melliores

I got Mods running today - GOG installation of JA3.

• Download the mods from Nexus Mods
  • Go to "%AppData%\Roaming\Jagged Alliance 3"
  • Create the Mods folder (I used that exact spelling/capitalisation)
  • Expand the mods into the new mods folder
  • Make sure you start the game fresh
  • Enable the mods in the in-game mod manager
  • You'll probably have to start a new game, mods I tried didn't work with an existing game/save file