Biggest mistake of JA3 for you

Lunokhod

2 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

U know what... I feel that you one of those guys who responsible for this disaster. And u can develop what you want, just dont name it "Jagged Alliance". Where is people who can protect you? Nobody! U know why? Because all fans already understood that your project sucks. They just too lazy to come here and say it in your face.

Im not sure u even ever played JA2. I dont see what u and your team are done since 2019. 4 years!!! Probably your investors should investigate all of this.

And Mr Ian Currie... Jesus Christ... Why? Do you really need money so much? Please tell me you were scammed. This guys can only wear t-shirts with JA logos and nothing more.

Ok negative nancy

Developers are fans of the series and are doing this because they like it. Mafia City Omerta was based in large part on XCOM and JA type combat.

Stop trying to create this stupid perception and stereotype that all developers are poorly intentioned and only you, oh special player, sees the true beauty of jagged alliance for what it is, and only you, oh brilliant player, can save jagged alliance from the clutches of ill-intentioned developer.

Developing is hard, because you have to come up with new ideas. It's very easy to criticize new ideas, but it's not easy to come up with them (then again, devs should probably copy and look at a lot of what JA2 did and try to replicate it than trying to come up with something new entirely, if people didn't copy anything we wouldn't have cars or trains because one person would make a car and nobody would copy him, copying what works makes sense). Sometimes development is constrained by a publisher that wants to make a title more mass-appeal and mainstream. Sometimes developers have very small budgets. You're just talking shit for no reason.

Instead of trying to help developers, even if you think they're misunderstanding something, you're intentionally laughing at them.

You know what you are? You're a sack of sh--. You aren't criticizing other people because you have something worthwhile to criticize. You criticize other people because you enjoy trying to take their pride or confidence away.

Edited by anon474
  • Like 2

Just now, Lunokhod said:

Actually i thinks he is fine too. Good style. Like alpha male guy. He looks like goddamn Duke Nukem. I like this picture.

dukenukem.png

a little bit yes. steroid i actually didn't like how he was represented in JA2.

But I don't think they shoudl copy duke nukem look directly: that whole side strap across the chest look is very unrealistic, and it looks a bit weird. they should do some other kind of holster set-up, imo. Not thin straps like on duke or on steroid (on steroid they're even thinner). Duke is clearly a little bit of an exaggerated character, but steroid is supposed to be somewhat based in real life.

I'm pretty sure we will be able to (mod) change the portraits of the mercs in the final game. If some of you have any drawing talent, let's propose some portraits that would fit your tastes more.
And then, let's discover how half of the forum members will dislike it because of a detail or another.

@lunokhod
Mr Ian Currie was the game director of JA2, and only responsible for some of the writing in JA3.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anon474 said:

Instead of trying to help developers, even if you think they're misunderstanding something, you're intentionally laughing at them.

My friend im not in the developers team. Nobody pay me. Mb someone will hire me to manage this guys, but its too late. I think this project is done. U cant do anything good with it. Just throw it into the trash and start over. And even if i was a chief of this project, this guys are mobile games developers. They can only develop something like "Happy Farm". Its not like i try to insult them. I think many of people love "Happy Farm". But "Jagged Alliance"? Really?

25 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

My friend im not in the developers team. Nobody pay me. Mb someone will hire me to manage this guys, but its too late. I think this project is done. U cant do anything good with it. Just throw it into the trash and start over. And even if i was a chief of this project, this guys are mobile games developers. They can only develop something like "Happy Farm". Its not like i try to insult them. I think many of people love "Happy Farm". But "Jagged Alliance"? Really?

So, it can still be a collaborative effort between the devs and community. There's no reason, if the devs are motivated by making a good strategy, that the community cannot give positive or neutral feedback that doesn't try to make a developer feel bad, but instead gives them...feedback and information on what's working and what's not without judging or shaming them at the same time.

There's a difference between giving feedback, and giving feedback+telling people they shouldn't be developers, or telling people that they're stupid or useless. I can tell you that, and get real personal in this message, you wouldn't like it, so why do it to development team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anon474 said:

There's a difference between giving feedback, and giving feedback+telling people they shouldn't be developers, or telling people that they're stupid or useless.

They shouldnt be developers of Jagged Alliance 3. Its too hot for them. Name it JA:Mobile. It won't be so embarrassing.

These guys deserve to be laughed at. Cos they spit in the face of the fans with this project. I don't call them scammers yet, but many questions to chief of this project. Who the f*ck is this guy? What a f*ck he is thinking about? Is he sane?

And ofc poor Mr Ian Currie. He dont deserve it. Pretty sure he was tricked.

27 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

They shouldnt be developers of Jagged Alliance 3. Its too hot for them. Name it JA:Mobile. It won't be so embarrassing.

These guys deserve to be laughed at. Cos they spit in the face of the fans with this project. I don't call them scammers yet, but many questions to chief of this project. Who the f*ck is this guy? What a f*ck he is thinking about? Is he sane?

And ofc poor Mr Ian Currie. He dont deserve it. Pretty sure he was tricked.

SEE what is this conspiracy theory stupidity. Tricked? TRICKED BY WHOM. What is this narrative about "nefarious developers".

They're not even a mobile developer wtf are you talking about.

You're exactly the kind of hater I was referring to in my post about people being negative. You're not just a critic, you're a hater (not that there's often a difference, a lot of so-called "critics" are vitriolic and hater-ish), and there's a difference. You can give your opinion and feedback without trying to get personal or make developers feel bad. Talking about some nefarious plan to trick Ian Currie is ridiculous. And Ian Currie is himself no innocent victim either, I'm sure he did plenty of questionable things now and then, though of course I don't hate him, and I don't denigrate his involvement with the project.

They can be developers of whatever they want, they just need to have the right set of ideas with which to enter development. And in part I'm sure they do, and in part maybe they don't which is where you have good and neutral outside feedback, pointing out things that may have been overlooked, or giving them new goals or steps to make at the present point in time. And you're not helping the development team by trying to denigrate them.

Edited by anon474

If I were to pick out a mistake in JA3, then it would be the chosen art style and character design. The game and its characters look too colorful for my liking. The MERCS and enemies look like charicatures / children cartoons. The current art style fits Fortnite, not a Jagged Alliance title.

Another concern that I have is that the game design is similar to XCOM 2. I really dislike XCOM 2, because it feels like a generic, soulless squad combat game. Jagged Alliance games have an unique soul and depth to them, which is what makes the games memorable and maintain a tight community for over 20 years.

10 hours ago, anon474 said:

Tricked? TRICKED BY WHOM.

I dont know man. Ask him. Mb they told him everything will be fine. They have some stuff to show. Some locations are well done in this game. For example building near football field. Its not bad, looks okay. I mean he is writer, mb advisor in some questions. Probably he is not working with this guys in office. They need him for PR. Something like "Look! Ian Currie with us!". This is the main reason. But yes, i dont really know, mb he just need some money, mb he really believe in this guys. Who knows?

11 hours ago, anon474 said:

you're a hater

No, I'm not a hater. I just love JA2. I know f*cking everything about JA2. Cos i played this game when i was a schoolboy. Its still one of my favorite games even after 24 years.

11 hours ago, anon474 said:

And you're not helping the development team by trying to denigrate them.

Gosh... Man, i saw here a few people who to tried to help them before me. But they are not listen to anyone. They dont care. Because this project already done. Nobody will redraw anything. U guys think that you are involved in the development, but ure not.

2 hours ago, scope112 said:

game and its characters look too colorful for my liking.

Its not about your liking. Everyone here see that except blind Haemimont's designers. Mb right now they understood something, but they already screwed everything up... no turning back.

2 hours ago, scope112 said:

Jagged Alliance games have an unique soul and depth to them

Yes. This is very unique game. And this is what i try to explain to developers in this thread.

They thought they could take the most interesting mercs from JA universe, redraw them(very lame) and thats all.. and grab some money. But its not enough. And thats why this project fail.

And im not even talking about animation level. This is just disaster... F*cking shame...

My review after beta:

- totally f*cked up with damage. Its completely wrong. U need like 4-5 shots at close range with pistol to kill a guy. Also i saw moments when rifle did something near -7 with very close range. Very strange feelings. Need to fix it 100%.

- something wrong with close range shots. Saw moment how Steroid miss shot with pistol when he stood face to face to enemy. Wtf? Need to fix it 100%.

- enemies GAI sucks. Work on it.

- buildings looks very empty inside.

- need more movement on the map, moving objects and vfx on the map. Everything looks very static at all. And this is bad, im sure u can do better.

Yes. This is not awful like it was with BiA, Flashback and Rage. But its lame and better rename it. If u named it: Jagged Alliance: Grand Chien - it will be okay. Why JA3? Jesus... No! Its too big name for this game.

Propet successor? Not sure.

Mapper saved all of you from disgrace.

Edited by Lunokhod
  • Like 1

Ivan bio says he was killing for Lenin and now he is willing to die for Lincoln. He just born in soviet union and speak russian but he is in team with yankee mercenaries since the 90s.

Mike Is the shady guy that killed Kennedy and joined with a brutal dictatorship in Ja2.

11 hours ago, Sashkord said:

The biggest mistake is to leave the Russian mercenary in the game after Wagner's Russian mercenaries are filmed cutting off the head of a Ukrainian soldier. Bravo, developers!

Jesus Christ... Man... Please. Dont be like that. U embarrassing yourself. We talking about videogame here, who cares about politics?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1