Biggest mistake of JA3 for you

Lunokhod

Well, let me start. There is alot of things i dont like about JA3. And its not only because this game looks technically outdated. I heared here(or mb it was in Steam) something like "it's all because of zoomers/zoomers ruin the game". Like its all because of politcorrect time we living where everyone in new generation become f*ggots. And I disagree with that. I think its about decisions developers make. Okay, most of games are developed for children, but many of them don't look childish at the same time. There is alot of games that looks very dark. For example: RDR2 one of the most successful game in history. It has alot of jokes, but world of RDR2 are very cruel. U ride a horse and u find houses with dead and murdered people every mile.

JA2 Arulco was a pretty tough place to live. Technically Sir-Tech couldnt show full atmosphere of this place. But we know it from dialoges. Poor people with no rights, with no money, they full of fear working on Deidranna's silver mines. Omerta completely destroyed. No gasoline. Local criminal boss take a control of San Mona city: gambling, illegal fights, prostitusion, sexual slavery. Hospital in Cambria is not funded and has become in a source of infection. University become ruins. People who disagree with the Queen are tortured and killed in Tixa. And alot of stuff like this.

Am i wrong mr Ian Currie?

Now. My biggest question. Is your lead game designer a girl? What is this funny Sims 4 style game with happy faces? U guys completely dont understand and failed atmosphere of Jagged Alliance. Congratulations. And this is the biggest mistake for me. Im sorry, but Jagged Alliance is not a game for kindergarten kids.

• Like 2

😱

I mean listen, I think technically JA is not outdated, the graphics are more than fine (you can't see anything anyways because the action is very zoomed out, this is not an FPS where you can see things up close), in fact I'd say the graphics are up to modern AAA standard, but beyond that, we haven't seen anything yet chill bro, I'm sure there'll be plenty of gritty detail.

We can talk about how that gritty detail is delivered, is this captain planet for kids or more like a "serious" action tv show in 90s that maybe has very "serious" real life, realistic villains that are not redeemable people (maybe you can see examples of this in miami vice, certainly in letal weapon series, and similar 90s action movies that didn't really have a "happy ending" as it were, where the happy ending was rescuing the innocent victim (like the protagonists girl), but pretty much everybody else died, beverly hills cop is another example of a movie that was while outright comedic in a lot of its early parts (probably way more than JA ever needs to be or should be), it also had a "serious" plotline about actually "bad" bad villains).

Edited by anon474

You are being sexist, homophobic and arrogant here (on the forum, not only this post). You are not offending me.. but I have no more will to read this. You are allowed to make your game as you like it. If you wanna share your opinion, do it respectfuly and others will listen you more.. just an advice.

5 minutes ago, Reloecc said:

You are being sexist, homophobic and arrogant here

No i wasnt. I dont care about all of that.

6 minutes ago, Reloecc said:

You are allowed to make your game as you like it.

Yes, this is all you can say when u have no arguments. Mb i will! Technologies grow up faster and faster. AI knocks at the door.

10 minutes ago, Reloecc said:

If you wanna share your opinion, do it respectfuly

Show me some respect to Jagged Alliance first.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luthghasgo said:

They need to hurry up and post some new content, stat.  Shitposters thrive in the absence of any actual news.

Its not a shitposting... Its my opinion. But i agree with u, they need to post something new.

ja2cd.png

• Like 3

Considering the game isn't out yet, is still in active development, and we've barely seen any gameplay footage (Most we have seen has been repeated), it's pretty hard to answer your question. 

As for looking outdated, I'd say it looks perfectly acceptable and I care way more about the gameplay than the graphics. I mean, who cares how pretty a game looks if it plays like shit amirite? Looking at this 7 month old gameplay footage here, I'm fine with it as long as it plays well. Also, this footage is pre alpha so who knows what the current build actually looks like. Would I like it to be a little more "hardcore" looking and less cartoony? Sure, but I wouldn't say it looks outdated.

I do agree that seeing some new content/gameplay footage would be nice but they may not be settled on things yet which may be why they aren't showing us???

To OP : "ELLIOT, YOU IDIOT!!!" *Slap* *slap*

Ok, now that's said and done, let's deal with the subject.
It's hard to define the biggest mistake of JA3 before playing it.
Yet, from what we've seen, we can have some doubt about a feature or another.
One of them could be the lack of portrait animations. That will be my pick right now not even knowing if it will be implemented later.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grim said:

One of them could be the lack of portrait animations.

Dont be silly ofc there will be no animation of portraits. It will be sound wave under the picture. Actually i dont think this is a big problem. But u need to undestand one thing. This guys cannot into animation at all.

Well, guys, listen. I undestand all of u. U see a chance, u "want to belive". But lets be realistic, its gonna be lame. And JA3 deserve much better then this. Better call it "JA:Kids Edition" or "JA:Mobile". Ofc i will buy it, i will play it, no problem. But its not what i want to see from JA series.

I'm not sure JA need style of "90s action movies". I'm not sure this is a comedy game. Maybe JA2 had this style of 90s movies because it was created in late 90s. But time to grow up. Its 2023.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Well, guys, listen. I undestand all of u. U see a chance, u "want to belive". But lets be realistic, its gonna be lame.

I see you posses the power of seeing the future... In all seriousness. Why not at least wait till the game is released and you have a chance to play it before you shit all over it? Just saying. I know the game won't be exactly what I want but so far it seems like it's got protentional to be a "proper" successor. Mind you it could be a flop but we can only go by what we've heard and seen so far and these devs seem to truly want to make a proper successor and not just a cash grab.

1 hour ago, DougS2K said:

Why not at least wait till the game is released and you have a chance to play it before you shit all over it?

Because im here to help. Its too late, they already did too much irreversible mistakes. But mb they listen to me and somehow do it a bit less lame, then without my advice.

1 hour ago, DougS2K said:

it's got protentional to be a "proper" successor

Forget about it. Its already "f*ck up". Im really sorry for that. But i dont belive in miracles. This devs just not ready for projects like JA3. Its too massive for them. Their capabilities are very small.

7 hours ago, DougS2K said:

I do agree that seeing some new content/gameplay footage would be nice but they may not be settled on things yet which may be why they aren't showing us???

My friend! Release date in this year. They working on it since 2019. I saw some moments of gameplay in 7 month old clip and that was just horrible. They already have no time to fix something. Probably right now they just dont know what to do with all of this. If they had something good to show u - they should done it long time ago.

• Like 1

Nah. I hope their biggest mistake would end up choosing this specific merc art director/artist. I mean, I get where they were coming from, but the result just lacks the recognition factor for me. These are NEW faces that have very little to do with what I have grown to know and love. Really hoping for a decent legacy portraits mod.

23 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Well, let me start. There is alot of things i dont like about JA3. And its not only because this game looks technically outdated. I heared here(or mb it was in Steam) something like "it's all because of zoomers/zoomers ruin the game". Like its all because of politcorrect time we living where everyone in new generation become f*ggots. And I disagree with that. I think its about decisions developers make. Okay, most of games are developed for children, but many of them don't look childish at the same time. There is alot of games that looks very dark. For example: RDR2 one of the most successful game in history. It has alot of jokes, but world of RDR2 are very cruel. U ride a horse and u find houses with dead and murdered people every mile.

JA2 Arulco was a pretty tough place to live. Technically Sir-Tech couldnt show full atmosphere of this place. But we know it from dialoges. Poor people with no rights, with no money, they full of fear working on Deidranna's silver mines. Omerta completely destroyed. No gasoline. Local criminal boss take a control of San Mona city: gambling, illegal fights, prostitusion, sexual slavery. Hospital in Cambria is not funded and has become in a source of infection. University become ruins. People who disagree with the Queen are tortured and killed in Tixa. And alot of stuff like this.

Am i wrong mr Ian Currie?

Now. My biggest question. Is your lead game designer a girl? What is this funny Sims 4 style game with happy faces? U guys completely dont understand and failed atmosphere of Jagged Alliance. Congratulations. And this is the biggest mistake for me. Im sorry, but Jagged Alliance is not a game for kindergarten kids.

…nobody forces you to buy, play or support a game. Your conduct in this forum and on steam makes me picture you like an immature teenager with very little (female) friends. developers owe you and your perception of an atmospheric game world jack sh1t. 

Haters gonna hate, players gonna play, potatoes gonna potate

10 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Because im here to help. Its too late, they already did too much irreversible mistakes. But mb they listen to me and somehow do it a bit less lame, then without my advice.

Forget about it. Its already "f*ck up". Im really sorry for that. But i dont belive in miracles. This devs just not ready for projects like JA3. Its too massive for them. Their capabilities are very small.

My friend! Release date in this year. They working on it since 2019. I saw some moments of gameplay in 7 month old clip and that was just horrible. They already have no time to fix something. Probably right now they just dont know what to do with all of this. If they had something good to show u - they should done it long time ago.

Man, are you this negative with everything? Ok, if your not happy with the game then don't buy it if you think it's to late and are not willing to wait for release before passing judgment. Jeesh.

3 hours ago, TopGunther said:

…nobody forces you to buy, play or support a game. Your conduct in this forum and on steam makes me picture you like an immature teenager with very little (female) friends.

Okay, u right, i have no friends, nobody likes me. Im such a douchebag. My english sux. But this thread not about me. Its about game. And yes, nobody force me to buy it, but this is not a problem. Its not about money for me. Even if the game completely f*cked. I will buy it anyway because its like JA in vision of another guys. Yes, they have weird vision of this title, but probably must be something good in it. Some few good things. And its interesting for me. But i just try to give them my vision of Jagged Alliance title and my feedback as a fan of JA. Mb Mr Ian Currie agree with me.

3 hours ago, DougS2K said:

wait for release before passing judgment

Okay, lets wait. No problem, dudes. Ask them to show u something good if they have something good. Where is new DevDiary? Might be doing it not in the text, make video diary and upload to youtube. Show some gameplay, show some battle on random map, show some mission. Release date in this year. Come on!

• Like 1

Dev streams are planned, and in the last one, the host said he will be playing the game live in one of the next streams.
IMHO, it's a bit early to judge the game's tone. Ok, several merc and NPCs portrait look colorful. It doesn't mean the game is childish. Let's see the quests and the world first.

7 hours ago, Grim said:

Dev streams are planned, and in the last one, the host said he will be playing the game live in one of the next streams.
IMHO, it's a bit early to judge the game's tone. Ok, several merc and NPCs portrait look colorful. It doesn't mean the game is childish. Let's see the quests and the world first.

I heard that someone in Steam died of cringe seizure after he saw Dee-Dee Bombastic... Okay. Just kidding. Nobody died. ^__^

Let me explain. I dont think that this game good even for kids. I mean guys, this game is about mercs, they are killing people. In JA2 u shoot enemy in the head and its exploded. So. What we have? This game is not for fans, this game is not for adults, this game is not for children. Then for who? U upload trailer and get only 3k likes after 500k views. Its like only 3 ppl of 500 liked your "game".

Man, u will be so f*cking disappointed when u will see first stream with the real game. They try to show best they have in trailer. And even that looks bad. They have some good screenshots in Steam, looks okay, but videogame is not a static picture.

Anyway im here to give u and other guys from this forum psychological support. Because you will need it after first devs stream.

Edited by Lunokhod

I say just let them do their job and let us see when they've made the final product. They are the developers, we are the customers. If we start telling them what we want, they will have 10 000 opinions and they will never get finished.

JA2 was as close to perfect as it could be. If they just stick to that formula of JA1 and 2, just upgrade it slightly, it will be a winner. Don't try to rediscover the wheel.

34 minutes ago, Taurean said:

JA2 was as close to perfect as it could be.

Ure Goddamn right! It was great for 1999. Sir-Tech was a great guys, they was talented guys who loved what they do. They tried to do best they can and u feel it when u play JA2. In every detail of JA2. I mean they have one animated picture of barman guy. What they did? They create a story of 5 twin barman brothers in Arulco. God, this is very clever. I think Mr Ian Currie was tricked in this JA3 project. I dont believe he cant see how bad this Haemimont's guys is.

Then modders make a combat component of the game close to perfect. Great guys too. Thanks for them.

If u ask me what to do with this JA3 project i can say only 1 thing. Cancel it. Rename it. JA3 dont deserve mobile games developers. This is a joke!!! Hendrix guy from this forum post some 2023 upcoming game called "Aliens: Dark Descent". Can u find developers for JA3 at least like this guys? I dont think this is like "OMG THIS IS GREAT". But this is something. At least players won't die of cringe.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 4:13 PM, TopGunther said:

developers owe you and your perception of an atmospheric game world jack sh1t.

U know what... I feel that you one of those guys who responsible for this disaster. And u can develop what you want, just dont name it "Jagged Alliance". Where is people who can protect you? Nobody! U know why? Because all fans already understood that your project sucks. They just too lazy to come here and say it in your face.

Im not sure u even ever played JA2. I dont see what u and your team are done since 2019. 4 years!!! Probably your investors should investigate all of this.

And Mr Ian Currie... Jesus Christ... Why? Do you really need money so much? Please tell me you were scammed. This guys can only wear t-shirts with JA logos and nothing more.

4 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Oh! Wow! Now I'm the one who troll here. Not sure about this.

ja3sims.png

hitman fine, steroid fine, stupid chick with black hair fine (would probably prefer not to have her but she's not too annoying)

the guy with the bling i would change, he can still dress like a wigger, but he should be cleaned up a bit, he looks way too like "ugly bling" vs good bling. mr t had good bling, or bling that wasn't too ugly necessarily, all the chains were nice straight, there were no ugly oversized medallions. the doorag on this character looks a bit ugly imo, it should be tighter.

"deedee bombastique" is a fortnite character however, i would remove her entirely (or just get rid of 1 ironic glasses that do not fit anywhere outside of fortnite 2 herself calling herself "bombastique", super cringe 3 am i correct that her vest has purple accents? WHY???? its a BULLETPROOF VEST not a t-shirt you buy in some stupid t-shirt shop.

Edited by anon474