Weapon balance

Jaywalker

I'm surprised with how good it is.

Even the unique/custom weapons come with some sort of drawback that requires you to lean into a particular strategy for which another weapon might be better suited.

Those FAMAS and M-14 rifles you find early on will serve you well later in the game and even the starter Hi-Power pistol can be a viable mainstay if you chose to lean into its singular strength of being the most efficient way to use specialty 9mm ammo.

5 minutes ago, chr_isso said:

M-14 is not my favourite, but dang, Dragunovs and M24. Pure Love.
You get plenty of 7,62WP so I got 5 Mercs with Dragunovs and FN-FAL / Shotguns as secondaries.
Some also carry MP5 or FAMAS as third option.

Strangely I havent found any dragunovs and m24s yet, so still using gewehrs for sniping 🙂

FN FAL is using 7,62 NATO, not WP

FAMAS is just too underpowered for me ATM.

4 minutes ago, Bearson said:

Strangely I havent found any dragunovs and m24s yet, so still using gewehrs for sniping 🙂

FN FAL is using 7,62 NATO, not WP

FAMAS is just too underpowered for me ATM.

why did I combine sentences with an AND?
Dragunovs AND FN-FAL (not 7.62WP) AND M24 (not 7.62WP) AND Shotguns (also not 7.62WP)

First M24 was to be found on the Haunted Mansion for me, one of the dead soldiers in the upper corner, close to the locked shack/building.

but i agree: FAMAS + AK47 feel underpowered!

Edited by chr_isso

3 hours ago, Bearson said:

Started a new game earlier today. The first sector I got to after the "tutorial" island, had 2 dragunovs in it. Just sitting in lootable boxes side by side. RNG be praised. 😄