I made it through...

Dirk_BVB09

Finally, after 2 weeks of playing in extended nights I made it through...! Yeah!

Some thoughts:

The maps are nice, muich fun to play...

Inventory system may be better, but was okay for me.

I dropped a machete somewhere because I needed space... but later I needed it. So stay with the machete 😉

It would be nice to have an indicator showing the remaing enemies in the tactical view. If fighting versus bigger crowds you may miss how many enemies are left. One can switch bach to Satellite view to get the enemies number... but in tactical a simple number would be nice.

What to say on the costly Elite+ MERCS...?!

I stuck with the initial team, due to fighting and training I brought all of them in the 90's regarding accuracy and movement.

Even MD was over 90, because he learns very quick!

Make use of the ALT button, not to miss any looting stuff!!! At the beginning, when needed most I forgot abot ALT and missed some stuff.

Later on, when using ALT I had TOO MUCH stuff and had space problems... eeekk!

Another thing... one can host 16 MERCS only... WHY? Why that number?

If being able to fill 3 squads with 6 MERCS each... 18 max. would be suitable.

By the way... is it possible to enter an area with 2 squads at the same time to have 2x6 fighting instead of only 1x6?

Defending with several squads is possible, but attacking???

My preferred weapon combo at the end was the M-14 plus M24, good mixture for sniping and spreading bullets.

Use the gas grenades against bigger enemy numbers, they will run through gas and die on the way to you.

GREAT FUN!!!

Let's see when I will start an new game...

2 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Regarding multiple squads in fight people suggest closing "initiate fight" window and waiting for arrival of second team. For some players it does not work.

I will try that... but some "synchronized move" button/function would be nice. But maybe the programmers did it by intention. A well equipped 6 MERC team can beat every bunch, but sometimes it was really hard, and 2nd squad would have been less painful.

14 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Regarding multiple squads in fight people suggest closing "initiate fight" window and waiting for arrival of second team. For some players it does not work.

It works for all players, but there are conditions: not an ambush, not an unknown enemy, not yet engaged in combat (e.g.: you can't kill 1 dude, then wait for night time).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

I doesn't work if a) combat is already going on and b) if you're defending. It only works if you're attacking.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LXant said:

I doesn't work if a) combat is already going on and b) if you're defending. It only works if you're attacking.

Also doesn't work in certain key story mission. My trick at this point is to save before going into those fights and fiddle with the timing in which I send my squads into the sector in question.

Anyway, congrats @Dirk_BVB09 on finishing the game, very happy to hear you enjoyed the game, I certainly share your enjoyment.

1 hour ago, Dirk_BVB09 said:

Another thing... one can host 16 MERCS only... WHY? Why that number?

Actually, the limit is 15 recruitable mercs from A.I.M., you can also recruit certain NPCs in Grand Chien + the I.M.P. character, so the actual number of characters you can have is above 16 in reality. Don't exactly understand why they put this limit, I mean, in term of balancing, you already crazy strong with over 12 mercs in your team. Maybe its more a stability issue? The game seem to have trouble for me sometime when there is too many characters on screen.