Possibility to create a full team of mercs

According to reviews, it's possible to create our own merc (like in JA2). What about being able to create more than one merc, and eventually a full team of personalized characters?

This should be a very minor adjustment for developers, and it's adding possibilities without removing anything.

What do you think? One is enough, two would be fine, or up to the full team of six.

I don't think this will be available from the official side (at most via mods), as it clashes with many other game mechanics.
The mercenary that you can create at the beginning only costs a one-time fee. I also think that this mercenary starts with above average stats. If you could create several of them, it would break all the monetary game and balancing mechanics. The mercenaries you hire are only hired for a certain amount of time, and the contracts have to be renewed afterwards, so there is a certain pressure to earn money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

What about being able to create more than one merc, and eventually a full team of personalized characters?

For what?

24 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

What do you think?

I think its silly and unnecessary.

They will probably follow the precedent established in JA2 and only allow one IMP.

Mods allowed players to create more than one IMP in JA2, but most of those players will probably attest how overpowered such gameplay could be, not to mention removing all the interactions different mercenaries have with each other.

• Like 2

While it might be fun to have your own custom team, I can definitely see how this would affect various parts of the gameplay. There would be none of the interaction from the predesigned mercs and in essence, might make the game feel a little lonely. Part of the JA character is having those named mercs work alongside one another and comment on each situation. Having more custom mercs would remove that, due to having less of the others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

There would be none of the interaction from the predesigned mercs and in essence, might make the game feel a little lonely.

I was underestimating that point, that's true. Still, after a few dozens of hours of play, the "interactions" are very repetitive. I hope JA3 offers a greater part of the show to mercs.

5 hours ago, DonBilbo said:

I also think that this mercenary starts with above average stats. If you could create several of them, it would break all the monetary game and balancing mechanics.

I'm not sure the beginning stats are that high, but it depends which mercenary you're comparing it to. Considering the balancing mechanics, it could be right, but who should decide about the balance? The customer or the game designer? Isn't it like in a restaurant; the chief prepares the dish the way he considers it the most flavored and balanced, but once on the table you're free to add more salt, spices or ketchup.

I like to play as if the created Merc is myself, so one is obviously enough. Like others said, it is great to listen to the interactions of the other mercs, so I would prefer to use them instead of generic mercs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zwolf said:

I like to play as if the created Merc is myself, so one is obviously enough. Like others said, it is great to listen to the interactions of the other mercs, so I would prefer to use them instead of generic mercs.

This is what I've always done as well. And I of course gotta give myself the best gear and weapons to carry the team... 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Image Miroir said:

According to reviews, it's possible to create our own merc (like in JA2). What about being able to create more than one merc, and eventually a full team of personalized characters?

This should be a very minor adjustment for developers, and it's adding possibilities without removing anything.

What do you think? One is enough, two would be fine, or up to the full team of six.

Via mod and would need to be balanced. If the custom merc is cheap to make then yiu can just create a 100 custom mercs and avoid having to deal with AIM at all. Therefore each new merc would have to be a significant amount more expensive.

Edited by Godzilla

6 mercs for 42000 $. 6x marksmanship 85, 1x explosives 85, 1x mechanical 85, 1x medical 85. all money earned afterwards going into the best equipment money can buy (as soon as available). This is a game breaking power fantasy. And you miss out on all the unique characters. Could be fun on the second run possibly. More an idea for a mod imo. 

6 hours ago, DonBilbo said:

6 mercs for 42000 $. 6x marksmanship 85, 1x explosives 85, 1x mechanical 85, 1x medical 85. all money earned afterwards going into the best equipment money can buy (as soon as available). This is a game breaking power fantasy. And you miss out on all the unique characters. Could be fun on the second run possibly. More an idea for a mod imo. 

I was under the impression that I was on an ignore list but apparently people cant help read what I have to say... 😆

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I was under the impression that I was on an ignore list but apparently people cant help read what I have to say... 😆

Only people that block you can't see your comments. @DonBilbo didn't quote you so I don't think his message was in response to yours.

Интересная идея.
Особенно для новой игры +, где ты будешь своей командой пытаться отвоевать обратно сектора и территории, встречая очереди свинца от прокаченных ранее наёмников, под злой смех Ивана. Сложность режима "непроходимый".