Setting 0 hitpoints; Changing from 'wounded state' to 'death'

Remi1987

I am not sure myself but it could be that whatever your contract was, it died with the person you made it with.

It is possible though that there could be some kind of insurance or clause that comes up before anyone gets signed on. If so, it would depend on whether the merc actually offers that.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

I'd say no. 

You paid in advance, and immersing into the fact that communication/transactions of hiring mercenaries is reasonably encrypted/secretive i'd say you can only get back medical insurance from the hired merc himself (if he is "well" upon contract expiration). 

10 hours ago, Remi1987 said:

When above setting is adapted, and let's say a merc dies on day-2 of a 14-day contract, are these 12 days left refunded?

Ofc no. Its your own risks. But I remember u could insure mercs in JA2. But insurance costs extra money per day. Its great option for people who play without save/load.

Btw. Some of mercs includes medical insurance and its not the same. This money returned to u if merc returned home, but there is a 50% penalty for wounding if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Remi1987 said:

When above setting is adapted, and let's say a merc dies on day-2 of a 14-day contract, are these 12 days left refunded?

I would expect it to work the same as the previous games, you do not get a refund on your poor leadership.

The only thing you could ever get returned was the medical deposit, provided the mercenary was in good health when the contract ended, and death insurance (which was an optional service that you had to pay, and only got back when the mercenary actually died).

• Like 1